Firewall Allow Dialog Boxes (Must hit Allow twice) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I haevn't commented much on the firewall of OneCare 2 Beta yet as it works well for the most part for me. However, one thing that started happening with this beta, was when launcing a "new" program that the firewall hasn't set up rules for with yet. I click allow like in version 1, but everytime, the same dialog box comes up one more time immediately after forcing me to hit "Allow" one more time. It doesn't seem to get it the first time.

Is this a bug?

-Scott Howell

scott@scotthowell.ws

Friday, July 27, 2007 4:32 PM

Answers

All replies

• Running Windows Vista or XP ?

Windows Vista has the wloc firewall ask to allow or block but also some cases the UAC prompts for permission to allow or block or ask for Aminstrative rights to continue.

Windows XP has a simular prompt to so it might be normal

Friday, July 27, 2007 7:17 PM
  • If they are both OneCare allow dialogs and it happens consistently, my vote is to file a bug on Connect.

https://connect.microsoft.com/site/sitehome.aspx?SiteID=168

-steve

Friday, July 27, 2007 10:47 PM
  • I have Vista and to be more clear, it is OneCare's dialog box. I hit allow, which prompts the UAC prompt, which I click ok, but then the OneCare dialog box comes up again and I have to hit allow one more time (this time the UAC doesn't come up, just the first time).

I'll submit a bug.

Thanks!

Scott

Saturday, July 28, 2007 5:16 AM
  • Thanks, Scott.

-steve

Sunday, July 29, 2007 3:36 AM
  •  Scotters83 wrote:

I have Vista and to be more clear, it is OneCare's dialog box. I hit allow, which prompts the UAC prompt, which I click ok, but then the OneCare dialog box comes up again and I have to hit allow one more time (this time the UAC doesn't come up, just the first time).

I'll submit a bug.

Thanks!

Scott

I've Not seen that happen before Hmmmm

Monday, July 30, 2007 12:16 AM