deletionstatecode manually set to 2 in SQL RRS feed

• Question

• I have just discovered that the deletionstatecode was manually set through SQL by a previous CRM admin for several thousand records.  As such the relationship for these records were not cleared and I have a bunch of orphaned data.

Is there a way, or tool, to clear this up.  

Thanks.

Monday, October 4, 2010 4:43 PM

Answers

• Hi,

There is no such tool available to do unsupported way of modifying the records in MS CRM.

But I strongly recommend no to do direct updates in MS CRM.

If you need those records you can set the deletion state code = 0 [SQL Updates], so that it will be displayed in the application.

Hope it helps.

Thanks, Ranjitsingh R | http://mscrm-developer.blogspot.com/ | MS CRM Consultant
    Monday, October 4, 2010 5:07 PM
  • there is not a tool for this that I am aware.  I don't usually like to jump to this, but given your scenario, (direct, usupported delets against the database), I think you're going to need to enlist the help of Microsoft Consulting Services or Support.  It sounds like you are going to need a thorough evaluation of your database to determine the best course of action (record types affected, tables, etc.) 

Regards, Donna

Monday, October 4, 2010 5:12 PM
  • Here's what I did in a similar situation.

I created another instance in a DEV environment.

I imported the database into that Dev enviroment.

Fixed the tables  and tested it.

It was tough finding the errors in the tables , even with good traces and two sessions with Microsoft support.

There are some great support folks there but when someone goes beyond the standard proceedures how can you expect them to know what was done?

So if all goes well in a Dev environment (one that really represents Production), I say do it, because you really don't want to be troubleshooting in production.

Curtis J Spanburgh
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Wednesday, October 6, 2010 9:14 PM
    Monday, October 4, 2010 6:55 PM

All replies

• Hi,

There is no such tool available to do unsupported way of modifying the records in MS CRM.

But I strongly recommend no to do direct updates in MS CRM.

If you need those records you can set the deletion state code = 0 [SQL Updates], so that it will be displayed in the application.

Hope it helps.

Thanks, Ranjitsingh R | http://mscrm-developer.blogspot.com/ | MS CRM Consultant
    Monday, October 4, 2010 5:07 PM
  • there is not a tool for this that I am aware.  I don't usually like to jump to this, but given your scenario, (direct, usupported delets against the database), I think you're going to need to enlist the help of Microsoft Consulting Services or Support.  It sounds like you are going to need a thorough evaluation of your database to determine the best course of action (record types affected, tables, etc.) 

Regards, Donna

Monday, October 4, 2010 5:12 PM
  • Here's what I did in a similar situation.

I created another instance in a DEV environment.

I imported the database into that Dev enviroment.

Fixed the tables  and tested it.

It was tough finding the errors in the tables , even with good traces and two sessions with Microsoft support.

There are some great support folks there but when someone goes beyond the standard proceedures how can you expect them to know what was done?

So if all goes well in a Dev environment (one that really represents Production), I say do it, because you really don't want to be troubleshooting in production.

Curtis J Spanburgh
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Wednesday, October 6, 2010 9:14 PM
    Monday, October 4, 2010 6:55 PM