4 out of 5 Web sites vanished from Live.com RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.  My .com Web site ranks well on Live.com, as it should.    However, I have 4 other sites (various CCTLD sites) that used to be indexed; but, they vanished months ago and have not returned.  The data for all 4 sites completely disappeared from my Webmaster Tools account and the Live.com search results.  Of course, the other major search engines have indexed all 5 of my sites.

Several weeks ago, I went so far as deleting them from my Webmaster Tools account and re-adding them.  I got new Site Keys, which surprised me a bit; but, the Live Bot has not visited any of my sites since then, or before then for months.

If Live/MSN cares about Webmasters, please tell us what is going on here!

Monday, November 17, 2008 6:04 AM

Answers

• Taken offline with Lee.
    Program Manager, Live Search Webmaster Tools
    • Marked as answer by Brett Yount Friday, April 24, 2009 9:35 PM
    Friday, April 24, 2009 9:34 PM

All replies

• Hi cichanlx,

Could you please post the domain/ ccs and I will take a look.

Thanks,

Brett

Monday, November 24, 2008 5:35 PM
  •  

Hi, Brett.  I appreciate the attention to this issue.  I stated in a previous thread, which got no response, that I do not want to post my domain name (to avoid site hits by forum reading curious, versus organic visitors).  I'll gladly offer my site's Webmaster Center Authentication Code (F20609B27059452EA09601BCFF204A97) for my .com site.  If you need the domain name, please e-mail me.

My .com site is indexed.  My CC-TLDs that used to be indexed, but are no longer:

1. .co.uk
    2. .ca
    3. .com.au
    4. .co.nz
    Tuesday, November 25, 2008 4:52 AM
  • Brett,

Any word on the cause and resolution of the issue?  My 4 sites are still affected.  This sure is a slow process.  My sites vanished from Live/MSN search results over 2 months ago.

Friday, December 5, 2008 2:50 AM
  •  

Oh, happy day--the Live Search bot hit my 4 CC-TLDs today!    I'm not sure to what I should attribute the return of the Live Search bot, but I am delighted nonetheless.  I did add REL links, to specify language variants, to the HTML head of  my .com site a little while back.  Perhaps those led the Live Search bot to my alternate sites.

Examples:

<link type="text/html" rel="Alternate" charset="utf-8" hreflang="en-au" title="My site, Australia" href="http://www.MySite.com.au/" />

<link type="text/html" rel="Alternate" charset="utf-8" hreflang="en-gb" title="My site, United Kingdom" href="http://www.MySite.co.uk/" />

etc.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 3:57 AM
  • Hi,

As an update: I'm working to resolve this issue. I believe it has something to do with not fully recognizing the CC. I am going to submit these sites to an internal tool which usually corrects things within a week or two. Let me know how it stands in a couple of weeks.

Brett 

• Unmarked as answer by cichanlx Monday, April 20, 2009 5:26 AM
    Tuesday, January 13, 2009 6:47 PM
  • Thanks, Brett--much appreciated!  I'll be watching for the return of the Live bot.  FYI, Live has not crawled my 4 CC-TLD sites since Dec 16, 2008 when I posted stating that the bots came back.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 3:46 AM
  • Well I have a similar problem.

My site http://www.gogofun.pt dont appear on live.com text search but is included on image search (example Festas keyword).

I have a sitemap registed on webmaster center (http://www.gogofun.pt/sitemap.xml).

Can anyone help pls.

Tks in advance

RUi

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 7:15 PM
  • I initially reported this issue on October 3, 2008.  That is over 6 months ago, and the issue still exists!

, Lee

Monday, April 20, 2009 5:33 AM
  • You're the one who refused to provide the requested information. Pat yourself on the back for that a few times, then realize what your privacy got you (nothing).
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 11:50 PM
  • Do you feel better?  You are wasting keystrokes, and you're wrong.  I provided the info that was requested, via e-mail, as the forum moderators often request.  If you have something helpful to add, please do.  If not, please don't.
    , Lee
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 12:52 AM
  • Taken offline with Lee.
    Program Manager, Live Search Webmaster Tools
    • Marked as answer by Brett Yount Friday, April 24, 2009 9:35 PM
    Friday, April 24, 2009 9:34 PM