NoReplyAll not loading for all users... RRS feed

• Question

• I successfully installed the NoReplyAll add-in on a Windows 7 Professional PC running Outlook 2010, however it only loads when I'm signed on with my admin. account, it does not load for standard domain users.

Does anyone know where this particular add-in loads from so I can correct this issue?

Thursday, July 5, 2012 9:17 PM

All replies

• I assume you mean other users, standard or otherwise?

The installer is per-user, copying files and writes registry settings to somewhere in the user's registry space. A related topic is discussed in http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/researchdesktop/thread/c0158ac3-0d06-4e77-9e54-fa3072355d5e in which someone wants to install the add-in silently... You ought to be able to install the add-in for all users via the mechanism outlined there, which boils down to copying the files in the downloaded zip file to somewhere all users can access, then copying the registry settings from a normal installation of the add-in to either each user's space or into the local machine hive (Office 2010 can read add-ins from the machine as well as the current user's areas, whereas Office 2007 by default can only see the user space, which is why I chose the latter as the default).

Or do you mean that it only works when the user is running Outlook elevated, but not limited?

Friday, July 6, 2012 5:22 AM
  • In release 3.0, just published, I've changed the installation technology to MSI, and it should be available for all users not just the installing one.
    Thursday, February 14, 2013 8:26 AM