Born to Learn vs. Training & Certification RRS feed

• Question

• I just followed one of Mr. Wharty’s helpful links to the Born to Learn website, and ended up “accidentally” joining the thing. I don’t know what happened, but I clicked on something, and next thing I knew I was a member of the site.

Anyhow, after overcoming my initial astonishment, I realized that Born to Learn is an excellent website. In fact, I like it so much that I might actually end up spending most of my time over there instead of here, although I really like this forum too.

Born to Learn has many useful forums and communities with content that significantly overlaps with ours, and both our site and theirs are owned by Microsoft.

Therefore, is there any reason why our forum and Born to Learn exists as two separate entities? Do they have different objectives or target different audiences or something?

Friday, August 3, 2012 4:40 AM

Answers

• There are discussions underway with respect to this and I'll post an announcement on this forum when appropriate.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Friday, August 3, 2012 5:00 AM

All replies

• There are discussions underway with respect to this and I'll post an announcement on this forum when appropriate.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Friday, August 3, 2012 5:00 AM
  • Thanks, Mr. Wharty. I knew you were the only one who could answer this anyway, but I still posed it as an open question just in case someone else had some information.

I look forward to your announcement in the fullness of time.

Friday, August 3, 2012 11:02 AM