none
Why so many microsoft programs? RRS feed

• Question

• Why do I have so many microsoft programs and why do I need them? They take up too much of my memory on my laptop. Everytime I delete files, or try to clean my laptop, it adds more and my laptop is so slow, sounds are muffled. I am not happy with this laptop. I purchased it last Nov. and after 2 months, the memory was full. I have been fighting to keep this clean for 8 months and I am running out of options. I have 17 microsoft visuals, sql, frameworks. Call me a pc dummy but I don't know the difference. I read in a post that I can get rid of the ones I do not use but to save them on a disk.. how do I know if I need them or not. I  would greatly appreciate it if someone who knew what they were doing to help. This has me very fusterated!! Thanks for your time!
    • Moved by Jesse Jiang Thursday, September 6, 2012 9:56 AM (From:Visual C++ General)
    Sunday, September 2, 2012 5:01 AM

All replies

• Download and install tuneup utilities from here

Thanks, Renjith V R

Sunday, September 2, 2012 2:58 PM
  • I might be a pc dummy but that link u sent me doesn't help my question. These programs have different names and there are so many. I do not have the time to look each individual up. Maybe I need a computer geek to help. Thanks anyways.

christydeese

Monday, September 3, 2012 2:14 AM
  • Hi Christy,

Thanks for your post.

This is a forum for development issues. This thread will be moved to Off-topic.

Your understanding will be appreciated.

Regards,

Damon Zheng [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Thursday, September 6, 2012 9:59 AM
  • Maybe some of the installed programs are not from Microsoft but from the computer's manufacturer (someone calls these programs "crapware"): you have to contact the manufacturer's Support and ask for more informations about them, so you can decide to remove every single program you do not need to use.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno

Thursday, September 6, 2012 11:33 AM