First Microsoft Certification? RRS feed

• Question

• Hey all, I'm new to the forum and this whole certification thing. I've been studying HTML, CSS as well as C++ for a while now and have a good solid foundation of HTML. I'm 17 and looking to broaden my horizons so to speak and I hear earning a Microsoft Certification can do that. My goal is to go into game programming but I'm perfectly content starting anywhere in the field. From Customer support to entry-level programming. My main goal is to just get in there. 

After studying the certifications a little I'm still confused at just what exactly I earn by doing what, etc. Basically my question is, where exactly can I start? What is the certification I should be working for, and how can I get there? If that makes sense.

Thanks.

Thursday, September 27, 2012 12:42 AM

Answers

• Hi,

from what I know there is only one certification about game development: MTA - Gaming Development Fundamentals. MTA certifications are entry level exams and the targeted audience are students so it should help you to get started.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

@Horizon_Net | Blog

Thursday, September 27, 2012 12:24 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

from what I know there is only one certification about game development: MTA - Gaming Development Fundamentals. MTA certifications are entry level exams and the targeted audience are students so it should help you to get started.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

@Horizon_Net | Blog

Thursday, September 27, 2012 12:24 PM
    Answerer
  • Has your question been answered? If so, please mark the appropriate post as answer so other community members with a similar question can find help faster.

@Horizon_Net | Blog

Friday, October 5, 2012 4:17 PM
    Answerer