filter below views RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts,

In dynamics crm their is an attractive feature i.e filter below a view for few entity like activity ,queues.

But while search i found they are the crm custom pages.

is their any way to apply filter below view for any other required entity like custom entities.

and also add some more filters to existing filter.

Friday, June 27, 2014 5:01 AM

All replies

• Hi, I would also like to be able to change this queue 'filter' from the default of all queues to something more meaningful to the user, such as queues I'm a member of, or even better to create a custom filter view as most queues are public by design.
    Saturday, June 28, 2014 6:41 AM
  • Hi Santosh,

This filter Items I am working on mainly based on ownership, so if you want this feature for other custom entities then just create view and add filter owner eq current user and have this view available with name "Items I am working on" and user when select this option will see records owned by them only. user can also set this as their default view if they want only records they owned by default.

BMP_UK,

regarding changing view queue filter from all queue to something meaningful to user, you can achieve this using two ways

1. Security Roles:- check queue entity privilege for relevant user and set that to user only and they will only see their owned queue only. other general queue which requires for multiple user share with them manually..

2. plug in : write plug in on queue retrieve multiple and change filter as per your requirement to return only specific data for queue..check following articles for this..it is for privous version of CRM  (CRM 4) but with small code changes it can be applied to CRM 2011 or CRM 2013 as well..

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ukcrm/archive/2011/03/10/using-plug-ins-to-modify-views.aspx

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ukcrm/archive/2007/10/08/microsoft-dynamics-crm-4-0-tidbits-advanced-events.aspx

MayankP
    My Blog
    Follow Me on Twitter

Saturday, June 28, 2014 10:36 AM
    Answerer
  • Mayank, that's great, thank you very much.
    Monday, June 30, 2014 12:19 PM
  • Hi,

I am not want any change in queues filter , i just want to know is their any posibility to create an view as in queue or in activities. if you look in my question i want to create a subfilter in main view.

As in example "Item i am working on" is main view and "queue" is a sub filter. and if you observe in custom entity or other entity except queue or activity you only found main view list.

Hope this helps. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Santosh Bhagat If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

Tuesday, July 1, 2014 6:05 AM
  • Hi Santosh,

are you trying to add filter inside "Item I am working on" view ?  or you want to know how to add another view like "Item I am working on" ?

since this views are against queueitem entity you will find them against this entity and you can modify them as per your requirement.

MayankP
    My Blog
    Follow Me on Twitter

Tuesday, July 1, 2014 11:24 AM
    Answerer
  • create a custom home button on top of your entity select records click on the button update a custom field by user name 

create a view items am working on view add a condition where custom field name equals to login user.

try may suit to ur requirement

ms crm

Tuesday, July 1, 2014 1:25 PM