Renewal nagger ongoing problem RRS feed

• Question

• I keep being nagged to renew my subscription but it clearly says that my expry date is 15/04/2010.
    Billing say it is a technical problem and Technical say it is a billing issue.
    I don't care WHO sorts this out just want it fixed!

I got the software to protect 3 laptops and tried to resolve the problem by removing them from my 'circle' and am unable to reconnect them due to this issue and cannot update their protection.  2 running Vista ons one with XP. The main one has Vista.   One Care version 2.5.2900.24

This problem has been going on since MAY 2009 and despite SEVERAL emails IT IS STILL NOT RESOLVED!!!
    Any one else having/had this problem?
    Saturday, August 1, 2009 9:33 AM

Answers

• Thanks for all your help and the offer to help further but I have now managed to get this resolved by ringing microsoft -  didn't post the fact here until I was sure that it was FINALLY resolved.  It did involve repeating some steps that I already had done, but also some additional steps in DOS.

FYI Here is their summary of the actions required taken from their email concluding the activity:

Here is a summary of the key points of the case for your records:

Action: 
    Tried to changed the subscription status of live onecare

Result:     
    Unable to change

Cause:
    Billing information

Resolution:
    Updated the billing information in billing website and Updated the status of live onecare subscription successfully.

Thanks once again. Great forum, but I hope I don't have to visit again!  ; O )
    Monday, August 10, 2009 4:49 PM

All replies

• If OneCare is doing the nagging on your local PC, it needs to be addressed by Support as it would not seem to be a Billing issue.

If your subscription to OneCare shows incorrect or expired in OneCare

• Check your PC date and time. If it is incorrect, change it and restart the computer.
    • Check your subscription status by logging in with your subscription LiveID at http://billing.microsoft.com
    • Confirm that this is the same LiveID shown to be the Subscription ID in OneCare - Help/About…
    • Open OneCare and click "Check for Updates" to have OneCare check for updated credentials

If your subscription is correctly shown at the Billing site, but incorrect in OneCare and your PC date and time are correct, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

Do not let OneCare support pass you off, but request escalation of the issue.

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Sunday, August 2, 2009 12:26 AM
  • I've done all that and even clicked the renew and was told that no action was required!
    I've got emails confirming all the transactions and STILL technical say it is a billing issue! They have given me a telephone number to ring , an 0870 one so I have to pay for the call to get THEIR error fixed! Wish I'd stuck with McAffeee now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Saturday, August 8, 2009 9:56 AM
  •  

Chris, please send me an email at sboots@mvps.org with a subject line including "OneCare" (to get past my spam filtering) and in the message body, tell me what country you are in, your subscription LiveID, and paste this link:

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecaregeneral/thread/7c726031-eff4-4cae-8084-ad1f9a793702

I will forward this information to OneCare support management for investigation.

If you don't get an email response from me wthin 24 hours, post back as my email provider is getting more aggressive with the spam filtering.

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Monday, August 10, 2009 12:17 PM
  • Thanks for all your help and the offer to help further but I have now managed to get this resolved by ringing microsoft -  didn't post the fact here until I was sure that it was FINALLY resolved.  It did involve repeating some steps that I already had done, but also some additional steps in DOS.

FYI Here is their summary of the actions required taken from their email concluding the activity:

Here is a summary of the key points of the case for your records:

Action: 
    Tried to changed the subscription status of live onecare

Result:     
    Unable to change

Cause:
    Billing information

Resolution:
    Updated the billing information in billing website and Updated the status of live onecare subscription successfully.

Thanks once again. Great forum, but I hope I don't have to visit again!  ; O )
    Monday, August 10, 2009 4:49 PM
  • Thanks for the update and glad to read that it is resolved. It sounds like you finally got a support person who knew how to deal with the issue.
    -steve
    Monday, August 10, 2009 5:29 PM