Getting an error when saving a Project Detail Page: An error has occurred when saving your project to the server. 'System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object' RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm using Project Server 2010 and I have a problem when I SAVE a Project Detail Page, it's not happening always, just in some Projects and in different stages, I mean that the Project Detail Page is not always the same.

When I press SAVE it says 'Processing...'  and 'Save Job Queued' and then it appears in red: 'An error has occurred when saving your project to the server. Please contact your administrator for assistance.', then I go to Manage Queue Jobs to see the error and it is:

Project Update from PSI | Failed And Blocking Correlation | 50% | Click to view the error details

And the error details are:

General
    GeneralQueueException:
    GeneralQueueException (9131). Details: id='9131' name='GeneralQueueException' uid='689d7306-606d-4ea7-b8fb-55be5397e261' messageID='2' exception='System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.DataAccessLayer.SchedulingDal.Dependencies.ReadDirect() at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.DataAccessLayer.SchedulingDal.ReadSchedulingData(SqlDataReader reader) at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.DataAccessLayer.SchedulingDal.LoadProjectData(Guid projectID) at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.SchedulingData.LoadData(Boolean isDelete) at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.ProjectMain.LoadSchedulingData(Boolean isDelete, Int32& revisionCounter) at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.ProjectMain.HandleProject(ProjectDataSet dataset, Guid projectUid, Boolean fSkipSchedulingCalc, Guid userUid, String userName, Boolean isNew, Boolean addColumns, ProjectLocks projectLock, Boolean fCheckReadOnly, Boolean fCheckProtectedActuals, Boolean fAllowAddEntRes, Boolean fOptIndexRecalced, Guid templateUid, Boolean fSkipCfFormulaCalc) at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.ProjectQueueDispatch.HandleProject(MessageContext mContext, ProjectMain project, ServerEventManager sem, ProjectDataSet dataset, Guid projectUid, Boolean ignoreCalc, Guid userUid, String userName, Boolean isNew, Boolean addColumns, Boolean bAllowNewEnterpriseResources, Guid templateUid, ProjectLocks projectLock) at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.ProjectQueueDispatch.InternalDispatchMessage(PlatformContext context, Message msg, Group messageGroup, JobTicket jobTicket, MessageContext mContext)'.
    Queue:
    GeneralQueueJobFailed (26000) - ProjectUpdate.ProjectUpdateMessage. Details: id='26000' name='GeneralQueueJobFailed' uid='416f0a40-0b36-4ec9-a949-085234a56ce5' JobUID='d6b34639-bc70-45a3-b756-1bf9a498052b' ComputerName='APPWRK00' GroupType='ProjectUpdate' MessageType='ProjectUpdateMessage' MessageId='2' Stage=''. For more details, check the ULS logs on machine APPWRK00 for entries with JobUID d6b34639-bc70-45a3-b756-1bf9a498052b.

This is happening in some projects, and as I said they are not in the same stage and they are not using the same Project Detail Page, but the error is always the same.

Can someone help me with this issue?

Thank you and regards,

José Espases

Friday, May 20, 2011 9:15 AM

Answers

• Just for your information:

I've solved this problem just saving the project as a file, locally in my computer, and then opening this file(in Project Professional 2010) and rewriting the project in the server.

This solution solves the problem, from that moment on the error don't appear anymore.

Regards,

José Espases

• Marked as answer by José Espases Tuesday, May 31, 2011 7:37 AM
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 7:36 AM

All replies

• Just for your information:

I've solved this problem just saving the project as a file, locally in my computer, and then opening this file(in Project Professional 2010) and rewriting the project in the server.

This solution solves the problem, from that moment on the error don't appear anymore.

Regards,

José Espases

• Marked as answer by José Espases Tuesday, May 31, 2011 7:37 AM
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 7:36 AM
  • guys,

I have the same issue.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011 1:25 AM