Will Microsoft Money 2003 work on Windows 10? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm waiting for my new computer to arrive and have used Microsoft Money 2003 for years to keep an eye on my diferent bank and savings accounts. I have the set up discs for it and wanted to know whether I would be able to install the program on computer running Win 10 and it would work in the same way as it did on my old computer which ran Vista.

I can reset up my accounts, or I think I may have Money back ups on a WD My Passport.  I am also getting a caddy to hold my old hdd so may be able to access my files that way too.

I would be grateful for any advice people can give me.

Feather45

• Edited by Feather45 Friday, October 23, 2015 1:00 PM
    Friday, October 23, 2015 12:55 PM

All replies

• Money 2003 should work in Windows 10. Make sure you run Windows Update before launching Money.

Just copy your .mny data file to your Documents area and open it (File - Open) with Money. Be sure you know your Money security credentials (password, Windows Live ID or Microsoft Passport) before decommissioning your old system: you will need them to open the data file on the new system.

Remember to reset the location of Money's backup file (if necessary) in Money's settings

Friday, October 23, 2015 3:38 PM
  • Hi DominicP,

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, I am going to have to install from the original Microsoft Works Suite disk 2, as my old computer went kaput and I cannot get hold of anything from it at the present time.  When I have the caddy and/or My Passport backup drive working then I'm hoping I can retrieve the files you mention in your post.

It has been a very long time since I installed Microsoft Money onto any computer and I can't remember how I installed it.  Do you know whether I would need to insert Disk 1 which has Microsoft Works Suite 2003 set up on it, before inserting Disk 2 which has Microsoft MOney 2003 on it?  I only want Money, nothing else from the Works Suite.

Feather45

Friday, October 23, 2015 4:14 PM
  • You should be able to insert just Disk 2, navigate to the Money installation folder and run its setup routine. The Works setup just runs the program installation routines in sequence.

See also the second post in this forum. You could install the latest available Money version for your region.

Friday, October 23, 2015 4:43 PM