Trying to buy WinXp online following a failed validation; my basket is empty! RRS feed

• Question

•  

I get through the vailidation and find my OS has failed.

I proceed after learning it's gonna cost 95.00GBP and, after entering personal data and hitting
       'procced to checkout', the next page tells my I can't proceed as "my basket it empty".

Please help me to make my OS legitimate.

Thanks,

Will

Friday, June 29, 2007 7:21 PM

Answers

• Thank you.

I'm in the UK, if I buy a WinXP Pro CD do I simply install over the top of my existing OS without having to format?

Thanks again,

Will

Wednesday, July 4, 2007 9:42 PM
  • Will:

I take it (based on the currency you're trying to purchase with) you're based in the UK?

Are you still having issues purchasing? We have periodic maintenance and you might've caught one of those short-windows where we update our servers.

Can you post the WGA Diagnostics tool information? I'd like to see if you're opting to purchase Windows XP Home/Pro (or even Media Center? etc?)

-phil

Thursday, July 5, 2007 11:35 PM
  • Yep, of course, I'll try again over the weekend and report back, although previous attempts were over a period of days and yes, I was trying to purchase WinXP Professional.

Thanks,

Will

Friday, July 6, 2007 7:48 AM
  • I cleared my browser's cookies and everything seemed to work okay.

I have my key but I'm now just waiting for an email.

Do I need it [to wait for the email], is there a link I can use now?

Thanks,

Will

Friday, July 6, 2007 6:48 PM
  • Will Hay,

If your circumstances dictate the use of the Updater Utility, here's the link:  http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/selfhelp/pkuinstructions.aspx

Friday, July 6, 2007 7:15 PM
  • The email came in very soon after my post.

I've now validated my OS successfuly and installing critical updates, along with SP2 and WMP11.

Thank you all, I'm very happy.

Will

Friday, July 6, 2007 7:40 PM
  • Will,

We are glad you are up and running. Hope you have a great weekend and if you need further assistance please repost.

Thank you

Stephen Holm, MS

Friday, July 6, 2007 7:43 PM

All replies

• Thank you.

I'm in the UK, if I buy a WinXP Pro CD do I simply install over the top of my existing OS without having to format?

Thanks again,

Will

Wednesday, July 4, 2007 9:42 PM
  • Will:

I take it (based on the currency you're trying to purchase with) you're based in the UK?

Are you still having issues purchasing? We have periodic maintenance and you might've caught one of those short-windows where we update our servers.

Can you post the WGA Diagnostics tool information? I'd like to see if you're opting to purchase Windows XP Home/Pro (or even Media Center? etc?)

-phil

Thursday, July 5, 2007 11:35 PM
  • Yep, of course, I'll try again over the weekend and report back, although previous attempts were over a period of days and yes, I was trying to purchase WinXP Professional.

Thanks,

Will

Friday, July 6, 2007 7:48 AM
  • I cleared my browser's cookies and everything seemed to work okay.

I have my key but I'm now just waiting for an email.

Do I need it [to wait for the email], is there a link I can use now?

Thanks,

Will

Friday, July 6, 2007 6:48 PM
  • Will Hay,

If your circumstances dictate the use of the Updater Utility, here's the link:  http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/selfhelp/pkuinstructions.aspx

Friday, July 6, 2007 7:15 PM
  • The email came in very soon after my post.

I've now validated my OS successfuly and installing critical updates, along with SP2 and WMP11.

Thank you all, I'm very happy.

Will

Friday, July 6, 2007 7:40 PM
  • Will,

We are glad you are up and running. Hope you have a great weekend and if you need further assistance please repost.

Thank you

Stephen Holm, MS

Friday, July 6, 2007 7:43 PM