Error coming while importing crm 4.0 db to crm 2011 .... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Help Required Urgently!

Using deployment manager when i am importing crm 4.0 db to crm 2011 throwing an error in log file....

Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Admin.UpgradeDatabaseAction failed. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Column 'ObjectTypeCode' is partitioning column of the index 'fndx_Sync_VersionNumber'. Partition columns for a unique index must be a subset of the index key

Please suggest me solution for above error.

thanks

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 1:14 PM

Answers

• I am not sure without knowing the specifics of what you modified.  You might need a product team to help you with this on a best-effort support basis.   I don't know any specifics of your support contract but I would call msft support.  I am going to propose this as the answer as it appears that this is coming down to an unsupported customization issue. 

CRM support number is 

• 877-276-2464

Jamie Miley
    Check out my about.me profile!
    http://mileyja.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 5:56 PM
  • I don't know, it depends on your support contract and if you have cases pre-paid already.  
    I guess I haven't worked for a place yet that didn't have prepaid cases.

The reason I said "best-effort" was that by changing the schema of the db's it render's the implementation  unsupportable and drastically reduces the chances of support being able to help you.

If you think of it from the stand point of if you created a product and provided a way to expand the database but the user just does his own thing and expands it whatever way he chooses, how am I supposed to understand his changes and how to get him on the right path.  Now he wants to upgrade but he is getting errors because he changed his schema and now what I thought was there isn't there anymore.

It makes sense.  This might honestly take creating a new CRM server install and then using a migration tool like Scribe (www.scribesoft.com)  to move the data from the old database to a new CRM organization on a new platform.

Jamie Miley
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 4:15 AM

All replies

• That's an interesting one.  Has there been any manual modifications to the CRM 4.0 DB?  What was the rollup version of the 4.0 server prior to the attempted import?
    Jamie Miley
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 3:27 PM
  • Hi Jamie,

ya we have modified POA table too... ROLLup 18 is latest one installed.

When i open POA table to search index - 'fndx_Sync_VersionNumber'. I cann't find this index there instead of this 'ndx_Sync_VersionNumber' index is there. 

Shall i rename index or rebuild or disabled or delete or create, what can i do?

Please suggest me solution....

Thanks in Advance.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 4:51 PM
  • I am not sure without knowing the specifics of what you modified.  You might need a product team to help you with this on a best-effort support basis.   I don't know any specifics of your support contract but I would call msft support.  I am going to propose this as the answer as it appears that this is coming down to an unsupported customization issue. 

CRM support number is 

• 877-276-2464

Jamie Miley
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 5:56 PM
  • Hi Jamie,

This support number is free or they will charge some amount for error to provide some solution.

Thanks

Thursday, July 21, 2011 4:00 AM
  • I don't know, it depends on your support contract and if you have cases pre-paid already.  
    I guess I haven't worked for a place yet that didn't have prepaid cases.

The reason I said "best-effort" was that by changing the schema of the db's it render's the implementation  unsupportable and drastically reduces the chances of support being able to help you.

If you think of it from the stand point of if you created a product and provided a way to expand the database but the user just does his own thing and expands it whatever way he chooses, how am I supposed to understand his changes and how to get him on the right path.  Now he wants to upgrade but he is getting errors because he changed his schema and now what I thought was there isn't there anymore.

It makes sense.  This might honestly take creating a new CRM server install and then using a migration tool like Scribe (www.scribesoft.com)  to move the data from the old database to a new CRM organization on a new platform.

Jamie Miley
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 4:15 AM