Create Case from Email Using Workflow in CRM 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello ,

I am Using CRM 2013 On-Premise and I want to manage My Support Emails . so i want to create Auto Case from Recieved Emails using Workflow and AutoNotification send back to customer.

Thanks in Advance!

Regards,

Akshay

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 5:03 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I am follow below steps but i am getting error in customer name field not getting customer from email

Above Red mark Customer filed throwing error .

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 7:18 AM
  • hi,

select regarding contact from email entity.

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 8:38 AM
  • Still i am not getting Contact i have follow above steps but not success.
    Tuesday, January 28, 2014 9:15 AM
  • When you set up the step to create the email, in the Look for: choose Email and then From to populate the To field. This should set the recipient of the returning email to the same as the one who sent the original email.  See screenshot below.

Another option would be to use a SDK workflow to do this whole process of creating a case and then a reply email.  This would allow you to store more variables and have more logical functionality since you may not want to generate a case and email for every email that is received in CRM.

Jason Peterson

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 10:11 AM
  • Has anyone tried the new email-to-case functionality that comes as standard in the new Spring Release version of 2013. It looks straight forward.

One thing I haven't figured out is if and how you can parse out elements of the email body and populate them into ticket fields. Has anyone found a way of how to do this with a workflow in 2013. I am not interested in 3rd party plug-in's but only in-built functionality.

Monday, June 9, 2014 4:25 AM
  • Hi

Where can I find this functionality exactly??

BR

Thursday, July 10, 2014 6:34 AM
  • Hello,

The email-to-cas functionnality is in the Customization system interface (At the end of the list)

Blog: crmandme.blogspot.com Twitter: https://twitter.com/Ju_li3n "Working hard for something we don't care is called STRESS. Working hard for something we love is called PASSION"

Friday, July 11, 2014 2:08 PM
  • It may look straight forward, but it is the most complicated mess i have seen in a while.

It doesn't work properly, and the logic behind it is just horrible. you have to create a queue , and create a case creation rule based on that queue, then a ruleset based on the creation rule, to redirect the messages to a queue. Its a joke really, i have wasted far too much time trying to get a simple task done using that rubbish. 

I'm going back to workflows. until the next update probably kills those as well. 

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 1:21 AM