update for windows live toolbar fails - error # 80070643 RRS feed

• Question

•  

Each time WLOC tries to update my computer with the update for Windows Live Toolbar, KB944786, it fails and I get a message that a service is missing and give an error code of 80070643. I cannot solve this problem.
    Thursday, December 13, 2007 3:30 AM

Answers

• I suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the Live Toolbar, then apply the update.

Thursday, December 13, 2007 2:48 PM

All replies

• I suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the Live Toolbar, then apply the update.

Thursday, December 13, 2007 2:48 PM
  • I have done the above and eveything seems fine. One consequence of reinstalling the new version of Windows Live Toolbar is that I no longer need to do the update, so I can't really test whether the update would now work. But, I am pleased to be using the new toolbar.  Thanks for your help.

Thursday, December 13, 2007 10:21 PM
  • hi..

i am also concerned about the very same update(Update for Windows Live Toolbar (KB944786)). i read your reply to the previous user, and when i try uninstalling live toolbar, it says that"the feature you are trying to use is on a network source that is unavailable".

and when i try installing the update KB944786, i get a code error6B2.pls help....

Sunday, December 16, 2007 11:07 AM
  • I'm sorry, but I can't help you with this one. I can tell you that when I try to do this update, I get the same error as before, so that my "fix" of unistalling and then re-downloading the tool bar has not seemed to work. My computer tries to do this every night because my OneCare settings do automatic updating of Windows and Office (if there are important updates available). At this point, I have stopped worrying about not getting this update for the tool bar because it does not seem to fax any problem that I am aware of (this does not mean it is not important, just that I am not aware of why it is important).

Sunday, December 16, 2007 3:20 PM