Integrating With CA's Netegrity SiteMinder-based authentication/authorization RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi

Is it possible to integrate MS CRM 4.0 with CA's Netegrity SiteMinder-based authentication/authorization.

Thanks & Regards

V.Kannan

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 5:44 AM

Answers

• CRM requires active directory.  A user has to have an active directory account to have a crm user account.

From Netegrity's web site, it looks like they work with Active Directory, so you should be fine.  You may want to verify from CA that they work with AD.

Friday, November 21, 2008 1:22 PM

All replies

• CRM uses active directory.  One thought I had was if you use IFD authentication, you could use a product like CA to control access to the IFD URL, but the user would still have to type in their active directory credentials.

Friday, November 21, 2008 3:53 AM
  •  

Hi Joel

Thanks for your reply. Our requirements is to support single-sign-on. Customer already have implemented CA SiteMinder authentication for many products.They wanted to utilize the same stuff for MS CRM also. We checked Sharpoint support CA's authentication model. Sharepoint also uses Windows authentication.

Authenication persay, It looks both Sharepoint and MS CRM works in a similary way.

Kindly let me know the possible solutions.

Thanks & Regards

V.Kannan

Friday, November 21, 2008 4:42 AM
  • CRM requires active directory.  A user has to have an active directory account to have a crm user account.

From Netegrity's web site, it looks like they work with Active Directory, so you should be fine.  You may want to verify from CA that they work with AD.

Friday, November 21, 2008 1:22 PM
  • Thanks for your reply. I raised the same query with CA yet to recieve solution. Mean team i would like to know does

MS CRM support SAML (Security Assertion Markup Langauage). If MS CRM support then it looks Siteminder wouldnot be the problem.

Thanks & Regards

V.Kannan

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 6:07 AM
  • Hi,

I would like to integrate MSCRM with siteminder also.

isn't using IFD configuration solve the integration issue, how about the reporting service part.

regards,

Toong Yang

http://eastoceantechnical.blogspot.com/
    Friday, October 1, 2010 10:09 AM
  • Hello Toong,

I have a similar area of interest.  Would you please share any additional information related to this that you might have been able to learn?  Thank you!

rjcarroll

www.ssoeasy.com

Monday, October 4, 2010 5:58 PM
  • Hello,

I am also looking to learn about SAML 1.1 support for CRM.  I appreciate any info on this!

rjcarroll www.ssoeasy.com

Wednesday, October 6, 2010 3:40 AM