Plotting PDF in Chart RRS feed

• Question

• I´m at intermediate level in programming using C# and VS2013. I´ve been using Math.NET amongst other assemblies to lab with probabilites. However I´m a physician with limited statistic education. Trying to wrap my head around Infer.Net but I´m failing to do what seem to a very basic thing; to plot a probability density function in the .NET chart component. I simply don´t find the y=f(x) method in Infer.NET to plot the PDF of any given distribution. Visualizing the pdf usually helps me evaluating the model building process. Maybe I should have asked this question after a bit more digging into the documentation, sorry if so.

Monday, December 7, 2015 10:00 AM

Answers

• Distribution objects in Infer.NET implement a method called GetLogProb that gives the logarithm of the PDF at a given point.
    Monday, December 7, 2015 12:34 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Distribution objects in Infer.NET implement a method called GetLogProb that gives the logarithm of the PDF at a given point.
    Monday, December 7, 2015 12:34 PM
    Owner
  • Thanks Tom,

From Math.Exp(dist.GetLogProb(x)) the Gamma, Beta and Gussian plots correctly. But the Parroto plots an exponential curve.  Any thougts on why?

I also fail to understand why you wouldn´t have a GetProbability(double x) method.

//Fredrik

Tuesday, December 8, 2015 11:53 PM