none
Need to create a Recovery Disc of my Windows 7 with all Programs (Softwares) installed

Question

• Dear All,

I want to make a recovery Partition (in an external Hard drive) - similar to the "Recovery Partition" we get in HP Laptops that we use to restore the computer to Factory Set-up. In the Laptop what we get is only the programs (softwares) that came with the laptop and not all other programs (softwares) we installed.

Here, I want to have all the programs (softwares) I installed in addition to the Windows 7 ( My desktop is an assembled one and Not of any brand bought from shop);  I want to make this Recovery partition to enable me to simply install Windows 7 and all my programs in one go rather than installing Windows 7 and then installing all my programs one by one so that in case I have to reformat the entire Drive C.

How to make this?  Can you please explain me?>

I found  " Control Panel --> Backup & Restore --> Create System Image.." but I am NOT sure whether this "System Image" is same as what I see / get in the Laptops as the "Recovery Partition" / what we burn in DVD for Restoring the laptop to the Factory State.

Please help me.

Thanks

Regards

VKSBK

A Real Novice Programmer !

Tuesday, October 06, 2015 2:18 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I'd ask over here (Participate -> Ask a Question):

Windows 7 forum on Microsoft Answers

Tuesday, October 06, 2015 2:23 PM
  • I would not use the built in backup because if you cannot boot you cannot get to the recovery image.  I would use a 3rd party app like Acronis True Image Home and keep the backup on a different partition.  Acronis allows you to make a recovery cd/USb that will boot the machine even if the OS is unbootible.

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Tuesday, October 06, 2015 2:24 PM
  • Hi ZigZag3143x,

Thanks. So if I use the " " Control Panel --> Backup & Restore --> Create System Image.." to create an Image ( in an External Hard Drive) it will not be useful to install Windows & all my programs in case I have to put a New Hard Drive in my Desktop computer - ie: it is Not a bootable one. Am I correct?

The Recovery DVD I made soon after buying the laptop can be used even after completely reformatting the Hard Drive I think. 

Is Acronis a free ware or a paid one?

Thanks

Kind Regards

VKSBK.

A Real Novice Programmer !

Tuesday, October 06, 2015 3:20 PM