Intellisense for included files in Classic ASP Visual Studio 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I've been asked to maintain a web project written for classic ASP using VBScript. To my extremely pleasant surprise I discovered that the VS 2013 editor gives me Intellisense, even for my own custom classes. This works great if I declare a class, it's members and methods and start using the class in the same file. 

However, as is often the case, I'd like to include my class on other pages using the <!--#include virtual="/includes/myclass.asp"-->
    This statement works fine and the file is included when I view the webpage through a browser, but I cannot figure out how I could tell Visual Studio to include this file for Intellisense purposes. Are there some hints, config files or directives I could add/edit to force VS to read the external file? Or should the external file perhaps be created in a certain way?

• Moved by Carl Cai Tuesday, January 28, 2014 3:51 AM (from vb) asp.net forum is more dedicated for these issues
    Monday, January 27, 2014 6:00 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Welcome to MSDN.

I am afraid that this is not the proper forum for this issue, I suggest you consider posting it in the following forum which is dedicated for web development issues:

http://forums.asp.net/15.aspx/1?Getting+Started

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Tuesday, January 28, 2014 4:22 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Thursday, February 6, 2014 6:08 PM
    Tuesday, January 28, 2014 3:51 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Welcome to MSDN.

I am afraid that this is not the proper forum for this issue, I suggest you consider posting it in the following forum which is dedicated for web development issues:

http://forums.asp.net/15.aspx/1?Getting+Started

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Tuesday, January 28, 2014 4:22 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Thursday, February 6, 2014 6:08 PM
    Tuesday, January 28, 2014 3:51 AM
  • Ok, thanks for pointing me to a more suitable forum.

Regards.

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 7:22 AM