Require CUPS CCUM OCS Config as Cisco's is rubbish RRS feed

• Question

•  

We have downloaded the documentation from Cisco on both CUPS to OCS integration and CUPS to LCS integration and neither of them seem to work.

We can get the RCC to work outbound from LCS/OCS to CUPS, but no information is coming back in the other direction.  For example when the call is answered the MOC client still thinks it is dialing.

Can anyone assist and fill in the blanks.  i.e. what config is required on the Call Manager and the Presence Server to make it talk to LCS/OCS.  Do you have to be running the Enterprise Edition of LCS/OCS or is it fine to use Standard Edition.

Kind regards,

Barry

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 1:50 PM

All replies

• Hi Barry,

I suggest you look at this thread as it may address some of these problems.

Cisco UCM 6.0.1(a) and OCS 2007 Enterprise - Remote Call Control

And check out Matts Blog it has alot of good info in there for this integration.

https://blogs.pointbridge.com/Blogs/mcgillen_matt/default.aspx

Just to help you out now though it sounds like you have skipped some of the configuration. OCS requires a static route and an authorised host record for every CUPS server you have configured and the CUPS server requires inbound and outbound ACLs configured to allow the OCS server to connect to it.

Hope this helps

Chris

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 3:26 PM
  • Here is a link to the CUPS configuration document for 6.0.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/6_0_1/install_upgrade/deployment/guide/dgmsint.html#wp1049970

Its not much good but may help a little.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 3:27 PM
  • To answer your last question, either Standard or Enterprise Edition are the same in terms on functionality in this scenario.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 3:45 PM
  • We created the static route and this works as we are able to make an outbound call and see that the CTI command is issued to the phone.  Can the authorised host record either be an ip address or a FQDN?  Which tick options have you used for the authorised host?

We can configured the inbound and outbound ACL's lists as in the Cisco documentation, i.e. with the IP of the OCS server, the Domain Controller and the domain name.

How does the Call Manager box communicate with the CUPS server?  Is it using a tunnel or using an application user account.?

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 5:25 PM
  •  

We used IP addresses for the authorised host. Ensure the outbound only is set to no and all other options are set to yes. I think you have the ACL's covered. The callmanager uses CTI to talk to CUPS using the CTIgw application user account you would have setup during the configuration.

Cheers

Chris

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 11:06 PM
  • OK, I have doubled checked this and it looks to be configured correctly at the CUPS end.  In the inbound and outbound ACL lists, do I just need the domain controller and the LCS server?

In the Application User account for CTIgw on the CCM server, what settings are required?  Do I need to tick any of the boxes?  In controlled devices do I need to put each of the Cisco phones that are to be Presence controlled.

Are there any other steps on the Cisco side of things that I need to do?  We are using extension mobility.  What services, if any, need restarting on the CCM in order for this to work?

Thank you for all you help.

Thursday, January 17, 2008 9:34 AM
  • This is for an older version but may help

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/1_0_2/english/deployment/cupsdpgd.html#wp40940

This is for CUPS 6.0 for the CTIgw user setup. Check the last part of the page. Setting up the CTI Gateway Configuration Checklist.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/6_0_1/install_upgrade/deployment/guide/dgcucm.html#wp1050925

Below is a crappy Cisco document I think you may have seen but there is a screen shot in there that shows the CTIgw user with the phones you want in the controlled devices. pg 53. I think these documents combined should answer all your questions.

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps7240/c1237/ccmigration_09186a00808aea28.pdf

As for service restart if all is not working restart the CTI manager server if you need to on the callmanager and on the CUPS server I think it is the SIP proxy service may help if things dnt work to good. Also use IP addresses where everyou can as DNS can cause issues.

Hope this answers your questions. Goodluck.

Cheers

Chris

Saturday, January 19, 2008 6:59 AM
  • Do you set the CUPS server to point a DNS server. I have encounter a similar case before since I didn't set the CUPS server for DNS.

I think for RCC integrations, the most problem is the DNS from my experience.

See if it can helps
    Tuesday, January 22, 2008 1:46 PM
  • In the old version of CUPS the service parameter was set to resolve srv records and not A records but i have noticed in the later version 6.0 this has been changed. This may cause less of an issue but there will always be a slight delay if the DNS record isnt regularly refreshed with the correct IP address.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 3:42 PM