Must have Add Ons WHS2011? RRS feed

• Question

• I see that there are quite a few addons available. Most are resonable priced at $15-$20. Are there any that are must haves?

I see the Advanced SysAdmin looks like a good one to have as well as the duplicate finder.

Will they degrade server performance in any way though is my other question.

Thanks...

Monday, February 6, 2012 4:47 PM

Answers

• Some of the add-ins you see are probably for Windows Home Server V1, rather than WHS 2011. But I'd say that there are no "must have" add-ins if by that you mean "add-ins that everybody should install." There may be add-ins that make sense for your particular requirements; those would be "must haves" for you, but probably not for me.

As for degrading server performance, a poorly written add-in, or one that has very high hardware requirements, may do that.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by rdmsys Wednesday, February 8, 2012 3:35 PM
    Monday, February 6, 2012 7:10 PM

All replies

• Some of the add-ins you see are probably for Windows Home Server V1, rather than WHS 2011. But I'd say that there are no "must have" add-ins if by that you mean "add-ins that everybody should install." There may be add-ins that make sense for your particular requirements; those would be "must haves" for you, but probably not for me.

As for degrading server performance, a poorly written add-in, or one that has very high hardware requirements, may do that.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by rdmsys Wednesday, February 8, 2012 3:35 PM
    Monday, February 6, 2012 7:10 PM
  • i have Storage and i think that it is a must have for milti-hard drive servers.

it creats a large storage space from all your hard drives

Tuesday, January 1, 2013 8:26 AM