Unable to log on to Home Server either via RDC or from the Console RRS feed

• Question

• I have been having issues with one of my disks where it changes from the UDMA6 to PIO mode causing the server to go very slow. I am not able to change the disk back to UDMA6 so I did a regisrty fix to solve the issue. This worked fine but after couple of days later it changed back to PIO mode again! Today, I shut down the WHS and thought that it may have a faulty cable so changed the SATA cable. Re-applied the registry fix and the disks are back to UDMA mode. But Now I have a new problem!

I am not able to RDC to the WHS machine or can't connect using the console.

When I try to RDC, I get an error message stating that There is not enough storage is available to process this command.
    When I try to connect using the console, I get Password is incorrect error.

I can access all my files from the Shared Folder. I can log on to the physical machine but not through RDC or Console.
    Please Help.
    Saturday, November 7, 2009 4:26 PM

Answers

• Thank you for your responses. I will perform both actions and keep you updated.
    • Marked as answer by Divaye Wednesday, November 18, 2009 9:55 AM
    Saturday, November 7, 2009 11:24 PM

All replies

• I have been having issues with one of my disks where it changes from the UDMA6 to PIO mode causing the server to go very slow. I am not able to change the disk back to UDMA6 so I did a regisrty fix to solve the issue. This worked fine but after couple of days later it changed back to PIO mode again! Today, I shut down the WHS and thought that it may have a faulty cable so changed the SATA cable. Re-applied the registry fix and the disks are back to UDMA mode. But Now I have a new problem!

I am not able to RDC to the WHS machine or can't connect using the console.

When I try to RDC, I get an error message stating that There is not enough storage is available to process this command.
    When I try to connect using the console, I get Password is incorrect error.

I can access all my files from the Shared Folder. I can log on to the physical machine but not through RDC or Console.
    Please Help.
    Typically when drives change modes like that, its a sign that the hard drive is failing.  You could start by running chkdsk /r on that drive (although ulimtately, you should start looking for a replacement drive ASAP).
    Saturday, November 7, 2009 8:10 PM
  • Not enough storage is usually related to server ressources, so a reboot of client and server should fix it.
    If not, it helps sometimes to change a value in the registry of the server.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Saturday, November 7, 2009 9:23 PM
  • Thank you for your responses. I will perform both actions and keep you updated.
    • Marked as answer by Divaye Wednesday, November 18, 2009 9:55 AM
    Saturday, November 7, 2009 11:24 PM