Live OneCare Updates RRS feed

• Question

• Perhaps this is a hardware question as well. My laptop was in hibernate mode last night but when I woke up this morning i had schedule an update and even though in hibernate mode it still updated. Is this possible and does Windows Live OneCare wake you system up and update it? Thank you in advance for you help.
    Tuesday, May 20, 2008 12:34 PM

Answers

• OneCare will never wake the computer for updates, nor will it wake the PC for backup or Tune-up. If, however, something else woke the PC, OneCare will see that it has a network connection and will check for its own updates.

-steve

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 1:00 PM

All replies

• OneCare will never wake the computer for updates, nor will it wake the PC for backup or Tune-up. If, however, something else woke the PC, OneCare will see that it has a network connection and will check for its own updates.

-steve

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 1:00 PM
  • Thank you Steve.
    Tuesday, May 20, 2008 10:47 PM
  • This happens to me as well; my machine had this issue with SP2, and it continues with SP3.

The only Event items I see in the viewer logs are related to OneCare updates (probably after the machine comes up).  My bios doesn't have a Wake on Modem or Wake on Lan option, so I cannot disable that. 

I'll keep hunting for a solution.

Thursday, May 22, 2008 5:29 PM
  • Is it a Media Center edition PC and is it perhaps waking to get an update to the Program Guide? It isn't directly configurable in XP MCE, I believe it is a registry change.

-steve

Thursday, May 22, 2008 6:44 PM