Problem with Wireless Connection RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am facing a strange problem. I have formatted my Laptop (Compaq Presario M2000) and installed Windows XP. The technician who formatted my laptop forgot to install Wireless option ( i am not sure). I am not able to see the wireless option in Network connections. Waiting for your reply.

Regards,
    Prasad

Prasad Meesala
    Monday, October 20, 2008 3:04 PM

Answers

• Pranir,

Not really the correct forum but I will take a shot.

It sounds like the person which installed XP did not install the drivers for your wireless card. If the laptop has built-in wireless, I suggest going to Campaq web site and look for the drivers in the download drivers section. This is typically under the support option. Once you have the drivers, right click on My Computer, select Manage, Select Device Manager, and you will probably see an entry for a network controller. That is your wireless card. Install the drivers if it came with a setup.exe executable. Or right click on the network controller icon and select install driver.

Pretty much you need to muttle through getting your wireless network card installed. Once that is completed, you should be able to see wireless networks.

later....
    Tuesday, October 21, 2008 7:05 PM