how to import opportunity product? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have imported mass opportunity data along with price list. Right now i want to import opportunity product for the related opportunity. Either In the template  or form of opportunity product i didn't see the link look-up field for opportunity and opportunity product (opportunity id). so how to import opportunity product . 

Any solution?

Regards

Shankar.B

Shankar.B

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 6:01 AM

Answers

• In the most basic form you can use an import file like this to import an Opportunity Product to a specific Opportunity.

Opportunity Select Product Price Per Unit Existing Product Quantity Unit
    OpportunityTopic Existing 10 TestProduct
    Primary Unit

I used a .csv file, then make sure the mapping on 'Select Product' matches up. By default the lookup fields should already be set to match up by the name.

This thread also has some useful information:

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/crm/thread/ed1212f0-a416-4182-95be-eb4e3e48a169/

Jason Lattimer

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 1:21 PM

All replies

• You can use opportunity products entity to import all the opportunity products. 
    Wednesday, October 17, 2012 6:42 AM
  • Hi Sravan,

I am using opportunity product entity only. but how to relate that this opportunity product is related to this opportunity while importing data. which field or value links the opportunity and opportunity product?

Shankar.B

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 7:23 AM
  • Hi all,

any solution for the above case

Shankar.B

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 11:31 AM
  • In the most basic form you can use an import file like this to import an Opportunity Product to a specific Opportunity.

Opportunity Select Product Price Per Unit Existing Product Quantity Unit
    OpportunityTopic Existing 10 TestProduct
    Primary Unit

I used a .csv file, then make sure the mapping on 'Select Product' matches up. By default the lookup fields should already be set to match up by the name.

This thread also has some useful information:

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/crm/thread/ed1212f0-a416-4182-95be-eb4e3e48a169/

Jason Lattimer

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 1:21 PM
  • Hi,

The problem is i didnt see the field "Opportunity" inside the opportunity product, which you mentioned for opportunity Topic . So which field i should use for "opporutinty topic" while importing opporutnity product.

Shankar.B

Friday, October 19, 2012 11:42 AM
  • If you are exporting a template, you'll need to add the Opportunity field to the specific view you are exporting from. Otherwise you can just use a CSV field with columns like I mentioned in the previous post, when importing you can map columns as you see fit. 

Really it depends on how you are creating the import file - are you making it from scratch or are you exporting a template from CRM.

Jason Lattimer

Friday, October 19, 2012 1:05 PM