Some Mutual Fund Quotes are not Updating RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Money Deluxe 2007. The following mutual Funds have not updated since 6/4/2010: American Century Growth TWCGX, American Century Ultra TWCUX, T Rowe Price Equity Index 500 PREIX, T Rowe Price MidCap Growth RPMGX, Vanguard Growth Index VIGRX, Vanguard Total Stock Market VTSMX. Under Update Prices in Portfolio Manager I verified that those boxes are checked under Pick Quotes to Download. When I right click and select Quote Detail on these mutual funds I can see the correct price, so I know the symbol is correct. Other mutual funds, such as Aim Finacial Services, a variety of mutual funds from Fidelity are updating correctly. I only update once a week on the weekend.
    Sunday, July 18, 2010 8:48 PM

All replies

• I forgot to add that any help in solving this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks, Johngilhp

Monday, July 19, 2010 2:24 AM
  • I never received any responses to my issue, but I finally resolved it myself. I believe it was Dick Watson who suggested to another poster that he set up a test account and try to update. I used Microsoft's sample file, created the mutual fund accounts that I previously could not update, and was able to update those mutual funds. I then went back to my money file and selected "update price", selected "pick quotes to download" and UNCHECKED the boxes for the mutual funds that were not updating. I then updated the prices again. Then I RECHECKED the boxes for the mutual funds that were previously not updating and this time they updated correctly. 

When I first encountered the update problem I UNCHECKED and RECHECKED the quote boxes, so I'm not sure how the problem got resolved this time. I do notice now that although the current price for Friday 8/6/2010 has been updated in all my mutual funds, there is still a history gap for the mutual funds that had not been updating since 6/4/2010. That is, the online updating for those mutual funds stopped on 6/4/2010 and resumed on 8/6/2010 and the dates in between have not updated, as they should.

Oh well. I chalk it up to a glitch at Microsoft's end that finally got resolved.

Sunday, August 8, 2010 11:09 PM