Client appears to be offline in WHS2011PR RRS feed

• Question

• Hey,

I'm trying out to find a solution to this problem, but at the moment I have no idea how.

I'm connecting a client (Win7 x64 Ultimate) to my home server 2011. The installation process works fine. After I'd back-upped the client, there pops up a data consistency warning. (The data consistency of the client could not be guaranteed) - it's not the 100% correct message because I have the German version installed. After reading this warning the client is always showed as offline - but I can still open the dashboard from the client!!

It would be greate to get a solution to this problem.

Thank you.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 10:47 AM

Answers

• Hi Guys,

Thank you for your answers. I have found the error:

The solution is the following:

In this version a Health-Addin was installed on the Server. The problem: the Health-Addin is using an assembly in the C:\Program Files\Windows Server\Bin folder. So it was necessary to include a filter in the .xml-File (Health-Definition) that filters the SKU of the server - so that only the server does a check this specific health-addin.

Best Regards,

Hudre

• Marked as answer by hudré Monday, August 1, 2011 6:20 AM
    Monday, August 1, 2011 6:19 AM

All replies

• Try running a Chkdsk on your client.
    Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 11:22 AM
  • Already done. This has nothing to do with the problem.
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 11:30 AM
  • Already done. This has nothing to do with the problem.
    This means that the problem can not be solved with this hint. But thank you anyway.
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 12:41 PM
  • Hi, Hudre

Does the launchpad works fine in your client? Could you start backup, open the share folder from the launchpad in client? Is there any hint in the client side say the server is off-line?

Best Regards,

Junyong

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 1:49 AM
  • Hi Junyong Yao,

The launchpad works fine - i could also backup the client. The messages about the inconsistency also appear in the launchpad status for a while - after a few minutes the messages are gone and - the Client is Online again on the server - is this something like a bug??

Best Regards,

Hudre

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 5:13 AM
  • Ad failure message:

The message appears at random times and vanishes at random times...

Message: (from German to English) The integrity of the computer can only be evaluated partly.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 5:39 AM
  • Ad failure message:

The message appears at random times and vanishes at random times...

Message: (from German to English) The integrity of the computer can only be evaluated partly.

In the English version this is a "computer monitoring error" with the content "Can only partially assess the health of this computer"...
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 5:46 AM
  • Hi, Hudre

It looks like a service connection issue between server and client. But I cannot make sure because there is no log provided here.

What language are you using for your Home Server? German?

Please open a connect bug and attach all the logs under %programdata%\Microsoft\Windows Server\Logs from both client and server for investigation.

Best Regards,

Junyong

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 1:29 PM
  • Hi Guys,

Thank you for your answers. I have found the error:

The solution is the following:

In this version a Health-Addin was installed on the Server. The problem: the Health-Addin is using an assembly in the C:\Program Files\Windows Server\Bin folder. So it was necessary to include a filter in the .xml-File (Health-Definition) that filters the SKU of the server - so that only the server does a check this specific health-addin.

Best Regards,

Hudre

• Marked as answer by hudré Monday, August 1, 2011 6:20 AM
    Monday, August 1, 2011 6:19 AM
  • Hi, Hudre

Thanks for sharing. Do you mean after un-installing / updating the 3rd party add-in, this issue is gone. Right?

Best Regard,

Junyong

Tuesday, August 2, 2011 1:16 AM
  • Hi, Hudre

Thanks for sharing. Do you mean after un-installing / updating the 3rd party add-in, this issue is gone. Right?

Best Regard,

Junyong

Hi Junyong,

yes, after updating the Definition.xml-file (just added a Filer-tag with content in the Feature-section) the warning vanished.

Best regards hudré
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 5:17 AM
  • Go to the disk management program on the server. To find it type in disk management in the search window and click on the result.  Then go to the disk that is offline and right click.  Check the online command and I believe your issue will be resolved.

Night Owl

Monday, April 30, 2012 2:51 AM