WINDOWS PRO 7 ACTIVATION ERROR RRS feed

• Question

• When i bought my PC it was windows 7 Home Premium and i used it for barely 6 months but the virus and registry error were too much so i went to my college ITservice to request for a windows CD BOOT because mine's got no CD. After i inserted the CD and restarted my PC then it asked if i want to install a clean copy or upgrade, then i went for a clean copy (But the CD given to my says WINDOWS PRO 7) whichi thought would be better as it's a clean copy and upgrade altogether. After doing it and days past on then i uninstalled NORTON 360 and SPEEDBIT DAP then i figured out that my Registry has failed again so i had to reinstall Windows again and this is the second time, Then earlier this morning, when i installing FIFA 11 then windows kept saying " Can't load from H\FIFA\FIFA11\FIFACONFIG. make sure that the file path exist and you can access it". I love the game and also couldn't install any DirectX softwares, so i went for a new reinstall.. After formatting (Drive: C) then i started installing fresh copy of windows 7 Pro, when it got done theni used the key from the CD given to me by school Tech, this time the key won't work as it's saying that the key is invalid and when i installed without key and later went manually to install it was says 'The key you are trying to use for windows installation is not valid for fresh copy of windows 7, this key has been detected for windows 7 upgrade. I will try to upload the image to how it's been shown but i don't know to take the image.
    Tuesday, December 7, 2010 10:30 AM

Answers

• http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7install/threads

Post there for setup, installation and activation questions, however your problem is that the pro license is an upgrade licenses. You will need to install the qualifying OS then install 7 pro.

You may be having an issue with your CD drive, or your game CD may have been damaged. I recommend you no reinstall windows in this situation, do some research and reading first before breaking out the installation DVD.

• Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, December 7, 2010 9:30 PM
    Tuesday, December 7, 2010 1:35 PM

All replies

• http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7install/threads

Post there for setup, installation and activation questions, however your problem is that the pro license is an upgrade licenses. You will need to install the qualifying OS then install 7 pro.

You may be having an issue with your CD drive, or your game CD may have been damaged. I recommend you no reinstall windows in this situation, do some research and reading first before breaking out the installation DVD.

• Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, December 7, 2010 9:30 PM
    Tuesday, December 7, 2010 1:35 PM
  • Am the question asker ( I can't use the name cos i get error the name is in use but it's mine)  Like i was saying, Windows was win 7 home premium but after i did my first reinstallation it became win pro 7 and the CD given to me was my product key and it has worked for my twice before this recent error.  After the reinstallation, when starting windows i used to see 2 system in which i should chose one to run, I use to chose the first one in the option cos its my recent fresh copy but after this latest reinstallation i discovered that the 2 options coming to me wasn't so again.  It only shows start windows normally, safe mode, safe mode with NTW, but before there used to be options before this step.  I've tried all  could but nothing could work.   If this key doesn't work in the next 27 days, i would be left with the option of either buying a new Windows 7 CD+key or i forget my computer.  Am poor and the CD given to me from my college was free.

If there should be any possible  and workthrough would by greatly appreciated!!

Wednesday, December 8, 2010 12:35 PM