Live Mesh Stopped Syncing RRS feed

• Question

• I am running Win7 64bit on two laptops.  As of Mid December, files no longer synchornize from the machines to the mesh. I am not sure how to correct this without a complete re-install which is a pain.  This issue seems to re-occur and I had the same problem on Vista last year. Can someone advise how to fix this and prevent it from ocurring again?  I believe there must be a bug that causes this.  I also believe that mesh needs tools to resync all nodes.
    Tuesday, January 5, 2010 7:44 PM

Answers

• If sync has ceased working and rebooting doesn't resolve it, then the typical course of action is indeed a reinstall of Live Mesh with the appropriate reconnecting of folders to the Mesh, unfortunately.
    I don't know the cause of the issue, only that these two things are what typically resolve it.
    You can submit a bug report, if desired.

How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs

Note that you may not receive a response to the bug report, though. It will be transferred to the internal system to be assigned to the appropriate development group.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Wednesday, January 6, 2010 4:22 PM