Bill Payments and Part Payments RRS feed

• Question

• I have set up a number of BILL payments in Microsoft Money Plus Sunset.

IS there a way to make a part payment so the remainder of the bill amount stays in the Bill section and shows the remaining balance ?

It appears that once I enter any payment in the BILLS section it applies the bill payment and enters the notation in the calendar as paid. Then the next payment for the next month is shown in the BILLS section , even though I have only part paid the bill. ?

Any help would be great.

Saturday, January 28, 2012 10:04 PM

Answers

• The short answer is no, Bills will not work that way.

You could enter the partial payment manually in the register, tell Money it is not your rregularly scheduled payment, and then the original will stay untouched in Bills. At the original scheduled amount.

• Marked as answer by baywatch Sunday, January 29, 2012 2:19 AM
    Sunday, January 29, 2012 1:00 AM

All replies

• The short answer is no, Bills will not work that way.

You could enter the partial payment manually in the register, tell Money it is not your rregularly scheduled payment, and then the original will stay untouched in Bills. At the original scheduled amount.

• Marked as answer by baywatch Sunday, January 29, 2012 2:19 AM
    Sunday, January 29, 2012 1:00 AM
  • Thanks I thought that might be the case. Thank you once again.
    Sunday, January 29, 2012 2:18 AM
  • so is it possible to check the total amount you owe to vendors?

if you have a bill for 1000 and only pay 800. i expect the total owed to be 200.

i cant find this figure anywhere, microsoft money doesn't seem to calculate this?

Thursday, June 18, 2020 7:43 PM
  • If you really want Money to do these sort of sums for you set up an Account. Logically credit card accounts appear like this although some people pay off ALL the outstanding balance at the end of each month so they don't have to pay any interest.

If you use 'Budgets' I suggest you take care to exclude your new 'Vendor Acct'.

• Proposed as answer by John Edwards1 Wednesday, July 15, 2020 3:17 PM
    Thursday, June 18, 2020 8:03 PM