none
Connection to externally hosted PostgreSQL database RRS feed

• Question

• After a short period of time after reallocation a number of network connections stop working, including that to my PostgreSQL database hosted on Digital Ocean stop and cannot be restarted short of deallocating and reallocating the image (a simple reboot doesn't help) and any ssh connections to other instances and git accounts, etc.

I can still connect to the data source from my host machine and others so I'm assuming it's nothing to do with the database itself, and can still browse the internet so it's nothing as fundamental as complete network failure (now I've typed that, of course it isn't - I'm connecting through a remote desktop...)

I've gone as far as turning off the Windows Firewall (domain, private and personal) which had no impact.

Any thoughts?

Wednesday, December 20, 2017 1:17 PM

Answers

• Hi Greg,

This forum is for the Data Science Virtual Machine (DSVM). Is this happening on a DSVM? There is nothing on the DSVM that would close network connections, so this sounds like an infrastructure issue. You might try redeploying your VM to another host to see if that resolves the problem (in the portal: click on the VM, then click Redeploy on the left, near the bottom). If that does not resolve the issue, you might contact Azure support through the portal to see if they can help diagnose the issue.

Wednesday, January 3, 2018 7:13 PM
    Owner