OCSR2 and CS1k Rls 5.5 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

We have OCSR2 and CS1k Rls 5.5
    Incoming calls from PSTN->CS1k->MCM->Mediation->OCS communicator works fine and we can ring both communicator and nortel soft phone.
    However outgoing call from communicator -> mediation -> MCM->CS1K->PSTN is not working.
    I checked MCM logs and the call is there but it is not leaving MCM to CS1K,
    What i should configure on MCM, on nortel NRS??
    Wednesday, June 17, 2009 8:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Download this PowerPoint document, it refers to 5.0 and I believe OCS R1, but it still has lots of valid information, including configs on MCM and NRS:

http://files.me.com/malvarez/uhg71b

Link expires in 30 days.

Let me know if you need more help.  I actually have the opposite problem, I can dial from Communicator to my PBX, but not from the PBX to Communicator!

I am not getting the sip-gw-id inserted in the SIP invite and MCM is not forwarding the call to our mediation server.

Any help would be appreciated!

Regards,

Manuel.-
    Monday, June 22, 2009 1:45 AM
  • Hi
    On MCM – Mediation Server Routing Table you should put:
    SIP Gateway Endpoint Name\DSC and not SIP Gateway Endpoint Name only.
    DSC is the entry configured at Nortel NRS for MCM endpoint.

Cheers
    Monday, June 22, 2009 8:13 AM
  • Hi

Can you take external PSTN lines connected to Nortel PBX via OCS communicator?
    If yes please advise on steps to follow; cause the call i sget stuck on MCM as per logs
    and is not routed to OCS i think problem is with Normalization.

Thanks
    Monday, June 22, 2009 8:29 AM
  • Hi,

I just tested this and I can call an outside number without any problems.  Try entering the number as +1800XXXXXXX substituting the 800 with the area code and the xxxxxxx with the number to dial.  That's how I got it to dial out.

Cheers,

Manuel.-
    Monday, June 22, 2009 9:42 PM