crm subgrid on an iframe - crm 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Experts,

Is it possible to display the sub grid we see on a form in an iframe ?

for example , in account entity i should have an iframe which will be should be showing contact entity sub grid. is it possible to copy the url of sub grid on the account form and display the same sub grid in an iframe using that sub grid url?

why i want to display in iframe when i can display on the form it self but i have requirement to show sub grid in iframe only. 

Is this possible ? how can i do this if yes

Thanks in advance 

Thanks and Regards. MadhuSudhan M

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 6:50 AM

Answers

• I got the solution. I will display the view in a table in custom html page . for update , adding and deleting records i will use SDK.REST operations . Its not looking exactly like crm sub grid but it has all the functionality i required.

• Marked as answer by Madhu-CRM Wednesday, June 18, 2014 10:04 AM
    Wednesday, June 18, 2014 10:04 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can get target view url and show it in iframe just like we used to before ms crm 2011.

refer: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg328483.aspx

Our Website| Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 7:18 AM
  • Thank you Mahender Pal. That was very helpful but can i get to show the same sub grid which we get on the form in iframe. sub grid on iframe should also have same features like adding records and search option to search for more records ?

If its not possible i'll show the view in iframe as told in the link you have given. 

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 7:29 AM
  • You should get record selection functionality and toolbar as well.

Our Website| Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 7:36 AM
  • I got the solution. I will display the view in a table in custom html page . for update , adding and deleting records i will use SDK.REST operations . Its not looking exactly like crm sub grid but it has all the functionality i required.

• Marked as answer by Madhu-CRM Wednesday, June 18, 2014 10:04 AM
    Wednesday, June 18, 2014 10:04 AM