none
Windows Live Movie Maker - Can't sign into the YouTube account linked with Google+

Question

• After I've link my YouTube account with Google+, I can't sign in to YouTube in Windows Movie Maker, due to my new username having spaces on it! I've used the Google application-specific password to sign in, but it doesn't work. Then I've upgraded Movie Maker from 2011 to 2012 and repeat but still have this problem! How could I fix this?
    • Edited by BryanKDeng Saturday, June 22, 2013 3:11 AM
    Saturday, June 22, 2013 2:42 AM

All replies

• I found a solution. You must go to the Google+ page linked with YouTube, hover the Google+ logo on the top left and click Settings, and click "Set up a password" under "Third-Party Tools." Then you enter a separate password which makes signing in to Youtube in WMM work like magic. Enjoy. And sorry for the double post.
    • Edited by BryanKDeng Saturday, June 22, 2013 3:59 AM add the words "linked with youtube"
    Saturday, June 22, 2013 3:57 AM
  • hi, thanks for posting that. But set up password is not on settings? is it anywhere else?
    Tuesday, July 30, 2013 6:56 PM
  • Hey Brayan already signed in with the 3r party and still don let me upload on YouTube it will say incorrect user name or password? Any ideas. Please replay. Thanks
    Thursday, April 24, 2014 11:59 AM
  • I'm having the same problem as everyone else.  The solution that Bryan posted doesn't work because those setting options don't exist.

Sunday, September 14, 2014 7:17 PM
  • It does work, the settings are there. Just not where he said idt.

Upper right corner is your display pic, click it, that opens a small popup with Account and Privacy links.

Click "Account"

Scroll down to "Signing In"

Select "Less Secure Apps"

Enable

WIN.

Thursday, January 1, 2015 2:24 AM
  • Still not working - even after selecting "Less Secure Apps"

Any suggestions?  Could it be that Live Writer isn't accepting characters such as ^%$#!$# that may be in my password?  I'm using by email address as my user name.  Could there be some other youtube user name?

Friday, January 30, 2015 7:15 PM
  • Here is a link to a website. I looked up where this button was, they included a link of the button. https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255?hl=en
    Wednesday, February 17, 2016 9:11 PM