Devices not syncing after windows upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I just ugraded to windows 7 and I'm trying to link My Documents on my laptop with My Documents on Mesh (from my old vista installation). 

If I right click My Documents locally I only get a "add docs to live mesh" and if I do this it creates a new "My Documents" folder and starts uploading from scratch.

If I choose the existsing My Documents frolder in Mesh.com and tell it to sync with my new windows installation, it does nothing.

Any help would be apreciated
    Thanks
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 9:17 AM

Answers

• What it should do, when you change the settings for the folder on the Live Desktop to sync with the laptop, is to offer you a folder to sync and allow you to accept the default location on the laptop's desktop or merge it with an existing folder elsewhere on the laptop.
    Did you upgrade the laptop from Vista to 7 with Live Mesh installed? If so, I think you may want to uninstall Live Mesh and remove the laptop from your Mesh on the Live Desktop. Then reinstall it and set up the sync relationships from the Live Desktop in order to be offered the Live Mesh folders as light blue shortcuts on the laptop's desktop.
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 1:20 PM