systray indication confusion... RRS feed

• Question

• I don't know what to call that popup balloon thing that you get when you cursor floats over the mesh icon in the systray so I'm going with Systray Balloon.

On Computer A, the Systray Balloon says Computer B is offline.  But it isn't.  And computers C and D agree with me that it is not offline - it is available.

On Computer B, the Systray Balloon says Computer A (and C and D) is available.

I can log onto Computer B from Computer A (via mesh.com browser).  I can log onto Computer A from Computer B.

So why won't Computer A admit that Computer B is available?

(A and B are both XP.)
    Tuesday, June 17, 2008 1:16 AM

Answers

• Hi Susan,

Thanks for posting and trying out Live Mesh. The "popup balloon thing" is what we refer to as the Live Mesh Notifier.

What you describe below is likely the result of a bug that should be part of the Live Mesh update that's slated for release very soon. The issue here was related to how we handle refreshing of tickets in certain cases. Please let us know if the next update doesn't resolve this issue.

Thanks,
    Viraj
    Tuesday, June 17, 2008 2:04 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi Susan,

Thanks for posting and trying out Live Mesh. The "popup balloon thing" is what we refer to as the Live Mesh Notifier.

What you describe below is likely the result of a bug that should be part of the Live Mesh update that's slated for release very soon. The issue here was related to how we handle refreshing of tickets in certain cases. Please let us know if the next update doesn't resolve this issue.

Thanks,
    Viraj
    Tuesday, June 17, 2008 2:04 AM
    Answerer
  • Now, how cool is it that the fix is already in the mix!  Thanks!  I will chime back in if no joy after the update.
    Tuesday, June 17, 2008 2:12 AM