Live OneCare (Fair Status) RRS feed

• Question

• WOC is trying to clear the print queue. When I click to fix it, another window pops up and basically says false. It also has a button to click UNDEFINED. It just sends me back to the original window. There is no queue left to fix, but WOC thinks there is.

Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop

Windows Vista Ultimate

WOC latest update

Any ideas on how to clear the fix and fair status?

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 3:54 PM

Answers

• Happy to say that I was impatient. It finally fixed itself. It just took a few more hours than I was ready to accept.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 10:04 PM

All replies

• Happy to say that I was impatient. It finally fixed itself. It just took a few more hours than I was ready to accept.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 10:04 PM
  • Thanks for posting back, but I'm curious as to why it took so long. If it happens again, do post back.

-steve

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 2:14 AM
  • The only thing I did that was outside of Vista or Live OneCare was to run a flush type DOS batch file to flush the print queue. I found it at this site: http://www.bradkovach.com/printflush/

It seemed to work. I just rebooted after I ran it.

I also found it unusual that after rebooting that Windows didn't ask me about the print job. Even Windows 3.0 asked back in the old days.

I never could install my network printer using Network Printer install. I am using Netgear's PS101 print server on a HP 970cxi. I gave up on installing from Nerwork Printer install. I used Local Printer install. It seemed to work, even printed a test page. The printer was in error mode, I just couldn't get OneCare to reset its status.

I know this part is off topic but it does explain the whole story.

Right now everything is working ok!

Friday, December 21, 2007 1:51 PM
  • Thanks for the additional details.

-steve

Saturday, December 22, 2007 3:33 AM