To Change integer number formating in CRM 4.0 RRS feed

• Question

• We have installed CRM 4.0 with SQL Server 2005.

We have a custom Attribute as "CRM_Number" ,it is of integer type.

The number formatting in intereger is after every 3 digits appears with a comma seprator eg. 233,455,789 . Initially we had this issue of comma seprator, hence we changed the formatting with space seprator eg. 233 455 789.

But we would like it(CRM_Number Attribute) to appear normally without any seprator eg. 233455789.

We could not change to other data type as well, as it is deployed at client end and is in production phase.As well as we have some plugIn developed for the CRM_Number attribute.

Is there any way we could remove the integer type formating for this attribute.

Thanks and Regards

QA
    Saturday, May 2, 2009 5:16 AM

Answers

• Hi,

There are implications changing the formatting of one field in specfic. So I would not considered doing anything unsupported with this field (you would robably experience errors somewhere down the path).

Solution 1 - Shadow Field
    I would have created a "shadow field" of type string, and then showed that field in the listings instead of your integer field.

Solution 2 - General Expression - Onchange
    You could create a general expression on onchange for field to assure only numbers are entered.
    var sTmp = oField.DataValue.replace(/[^0-9]/g, "");

.... or even concider converting the field to string value .... if that is actually the right thing ... even if that give some short term pain ... if it's right ... I would not have waited.

Morten
    Saturday, May 2, 2009 6:32 AM