none
MCITP Help RRS feed

• Question

• It depends. (Isn't that the most unhelpful non-answer?)

If you have no MCPs, then you are starting from a very different place than someone with an MCSE.

I'll assume you are fresh, no previous experience.

If you look at the Exams required for MCITP:SA and MCITP::EA, there is some overlap.

SA requies 640 642 and 646. EA requires 640, 642, 643, 647 and a client, either 680 or 620. (Ignore the MS page, it is horribly written.)

So by getting EA, you will get SA as well. If you do the SA requirements first, then you have a nice milestone on your way to getting EA.

I would say you should do the exams in this order:

640 - Active Directory, a good exam to start with, nice and easy to study.

642 - Network Infrastructure. Easier than "The Beast" (291, the 2003 exam), but a little more challenging. Subnets are key.

646 - Pro exam. Study.

MCITP:SA Achieved!!!

643 - Applications. Middle-to-hard, depending on your experience. Study up, and no worries.

680 - Windows 7. Client exam. Get a copy installed, play with it, break it, reinstall it, break it some more. The best way to learn.

647 - Pro exam. Study.

MCITP:EA Achieved!!!

Find another certification to aim for, and study that. Keep repeating.

thank you my friend for your advise but i downloaded the Configuring windows server 2008 Active Directory (microsoft press)(70640) but when i read the instruction of this book its says that you should have to have at lease 1 years expeirence in AD Ds. i just finished the Network pluse so what should i have to do for MCITP?? thanks too much

Sunday, March 18, 2012 8:23 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I don't know if I get your question right. The years of experience are a guideline from Microsoft. Of course you can take the exam(s) before you reach the one year line, but normally the recommendations are a good indicator when you start learning for an exam.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

Sunday, March 18, 2012 11:54 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

I don't know if I get your question right. The years of experience are a guideline from Microsoft. Of course you can take the exam(s) before you reach the one year line, but normally the recommendations are a good indicator when you start learning for an exam.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

Sunday, March 18, 2012 11:54 PM
    Answerer
  • i downloaded the Configuring windows server 2008 Active Directory (microsoft press)(70640)

Where did you download the book from?

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Monday, March 19, 2012 12:01 AM
  • bought from Amazon.com
    Monday, March 19, 2012 6:56 AM
  • Hi there, im going to start to learn MCITP but the problem is where to start. i'm just finished the network plus. im completely mix up with the microsoft examination. even i read the microsoft page about it but i couldnt understand where to start. for example they say you should have to start with adminisitrator  with this order

640 - Active Directory, a good exam to start with, nice and easy to study.

642 - Network Infrastructure. Easier than "The Beast" (291, the 2003 exam), but a little more challenging. Subnets are key.

646 - Pro exam. Study

but when i see the Active directory ebook in the instructor says that you should have at lease one year expireance in AD DS. i just want to learn active directory how can i achieve 1 years expireance!!!!

please tell me the right order to achieve this certification because i dont have much time to challenge and dont have enough money to take classes.

thank you very much

Monday, March 19, 2012 7:06 AM