When and Where to buy WHS 2011? RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

Hello - My name is Max and I've been a faithful WHS V1 user since its launch and had the privilege of purchasing WHS V1 directly from the Microsoft company Store in Redmond WA through a friend.  Given the absence of DE on WHS V2, I have migrated all my data to a Drobo Pro which is connected via Iscsi to my WHS machine and is working great.   My primary use for WHS is a Media Server and now that the folks at My Movies .dk have released their software for WHS 2011,  I just need to figure out how to buy WHS 2011.   I am not a TechNet or MSDN subscriber so does anyone know:

- When WHS 2011 will be available for purchase?
    - Who will sell it?
    - How much it will cost?
    - Is there a reduced price for existing WHS V1 customers?

Thanks

Maximillian

WHS_retail version
    • Edited by Maximus300zx Tuesday, April 26, 2011 6:24 PM spelling
    Tuesday, April 26, 2011 6:22 PM

All replies

• No info yet. All curren t"info" is based on "wild guessing".

Hello - My name is Max and I've been a faithful WHS V1 user since its launch and had the privilege of purchasing WHS V1 directly from the Microsoft company Store in Redmond WA through a friend.  Given the absence of DE on WHS V2, I have migrated all my data to a Drobo Pro which is connected via Iscsi to my WHS machine and is working great.   My primary use for WHS is a Media Server and now that the folks at My Movies .dk have released their software for WHS 2011,  I just need to figure out how to buy WHS 2011.   I am not a TechNet or MSDN subscriber so does anyone know:

- When WHS 2011 will be available for purchase?
    - Who will sell it?
    - How much it will cost?
    - Is there a reduced price for existing WHS V1 customers?

Thanks

Maximillian

WHS_retail version

Have a nice day!
    Tuesday, April 26, 2011 8:22 PM
  • OK, Here are some wild guesses:

- May 2011

- Normal channels which sold WHS1

- $120

- No

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 1:20 AM