Windows 7 is Non-Genuine on laptop RRS feed

• Question

• my grandaughter stated that the windows  software kept coming up your copy is not genuine but it was purchased from pc world in chatham kent they state its not under warranty and is nothing to do with them. she told me she was trying to update last year to windows ten but the error this is not genuine copy wouldnt let her upgrade it as the software kept saying cant upgrade ur copy isnt genuine. with also received emails from you stating upgrade free to windows 10. also add you windows account and use your office 365 on this pc. windows 7 pro

OEM SOFTWARE      FQC-046496PKKX

PRODUCT KEY; <redacted>

BARCODE DETAILS-00180-453-463-743       X16-93649

X16-93649

That’s all the info but checking with your software checker states it’s an original so why can’t she upgrade. She never told me until today but it stated its going to remove her software but I’ve never heard of that we have 6 laptops/desktops 3 Windows tablets 1 Windows phone. So I am more than aware of your policy’s and have even purchased the Windows 10 software previously. How can we get this resolved as she can’t do her case work on her laptop so is using one of my ones? I also have a similar issue with my ASUS desktop all in one.  Says your copy of windows turn needs verification again it was a download from your site that guaranteed us free upgrade with that pc. One of my Microsoft accounts is [email address redacted for privacy] you will see I’ve just recently update Office 365. Please look into this for me. We have spoken to your chat team reference 398765. They confirmed that software for the details I gave you is correct Windows 7 Pro.  Please rectify this and allow the update or even allow the software to be reinstalled as it states files missing including rundl32.

Sunday, May 28, 2017 8:12 PM

Answers