How to Embed MS CRM Features? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to learn how can MS CRM be customised to fullfil the business needs. I understand that MS CRM can be enhanced through many ways e.g. the Customisation features available in CRM, using Plug-Ins, by developing Custom Workflows, using Java Scripting etc. I also have come to know that MS CRM can also be syncronised with another application through MS SDK (i.e. using MS CRM Web Services and components). However, I am not sure if any feature of MS CRM can be embedded into another application or not! Can someone please elaborate if it is possible? For example, can we show/access the Contacts screen of MS CRM in another application & when the data is populated on this screen, it is actually saved in MS CRM database? Similarly, can we access the Reporting Designer facility of MS CRM in another application? Also, can we use the Mail Merge facility of MS CRM in another application?

I am just trying to understand how much I can play with MS CRM. I would be really grateful if someone can clarify my basic questions re MS CRM.

Many Thanks
    Adeel

Tuesday, October 5, 2010 9:17 AM

Answers

• Hi, 1. You can open CRM entity forms/views in other application. You can use "Url Addressable Forms" for that. check the SDK for more details. 2. For opening Report Designer in custom application, I don't think it's possible in supported way. Thank you. JayshriP
    Friday, October 8, 2010 8:12 AM

All replies

• Hi, 1. You can open CRM entity forms/views in other application. You can use "Url Addressable Forms" for that. check the SDK for more details. 2. For opening Report Designer in custom application, I don't think it's possible in supported way. Thank you. JayshriP
    Friday, October 8, 2010 8:12 AM
  • Many Thanks JayshriP.

I will check out "Url Addressable Forms".

Cheers,
    Adeel

Friday, October 8, 2010 10:00 AM