I need to compare data of my excel file to the data shown in the web app as if they are matched or not. How can I do that? RRS feed

• Question

• I have web application having a section report. I downloaded the report from report section in excel format. I want to open that downloaded file at the run time and compare the data of that excel to the values passing in my list. What I have done is to open already downloaded file which does not full fill my requirement. Want to open the downloaded file at the runtime and read values from that file and compare that values with the values passing in the list. How Can I do that?

Friday, April 17, 2020 11:21 AM

All replies

• Hi Amna, Could you explain more about what you’re trying to accomplish and why what you have doesn’t meet your needs? From a quick glance your code seems to be doing more or less what you need.
    Saturday, April 18, 2020 5:35 AM
  • Hi, When I click on download button in my application the test in explorer shows success but it actually does not download the report in "Download" directory. 

When it will be done like using automation the downloaded report is present in "Download" directory I want to open that file which may vary each time as I do not want to specify the path but want to pick the most recent file from "Download" directory. For it the report must be downloaded in Download directory.

Monday, April 20, 2020 5:23 AM
  • Hi Amna Khalid 001,
    >>the test in explorer shows success but it actually does not download the report in "Download" directory. 
    Based on your code, I can't reproduce the situation. What error did you encounter? And I suggest you set a breakpoint to check where the problem occurred.
    You can try to use Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel to read excle file and use String.Equals method to compare data.
    Here is a related thread you can refer to.
    Best Regards,
    Daniel Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 21, 2020 9:49 AM
  • Hi, 

I have data in kendo grid. I want to export that data in excel in xlsx format. How Can I do that?

Tuesday, April 21, 2020 11:38 AM
  • Hi Amna Khalid 001,
    The Visual C# forum discusses and asks questions about the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools, and kendo grid seems to be a third-party.
    So I suggest you ask its publisher for help.
    Thank you for your understanding.
    Best Regards,
    Daniel Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 22, 2020 5:57 AM