none
Error Code 0x8007000D

Question

• Hello,

I have tried looking at related topics of mine to see if any of the answer given in those topic can be helpful to me. Unfortunately, none of them were helpful so i decided to make my own thread to see if i get an answer that will help me.

When i turn on my laptop (a IBM Thinkpad) i get a black screen with says: "Operating System was not found" (not the full text, sorry...)

Though i failed to mention i get this on another computer, not the one i am currently using.

So i tried to google this an realized that my OS had been corrupted. I then tried to reinstall my OS using a bootable CD for Windows Vista Ultimate. When i type in type in the Product Key i get the following:

"Windows cannot open the required file D:/Sources/Install.wim.Make sure all files required for the installation, and restart the installation. Error code 0x8007000D."

Now remember i am currently using a different computer to type this since i cant get to my startup screen on the computer which i get the "OS was not found" on. This is why can't get a Diagnostics Report.

This is where i get stuck & dont know what to do, Im not sure if it is the CD which has the problem or the Product key, or maybe even the computer itself. Anyone has a clue? Anything would really help.

EDIT: I also failed to mention that i found out the laptop with the error was originally a Windows XP as the OS, though when i had bought it, the OS was a Windows Vista.
    Sunday, December 16, 2012 10:38 PM

Answers