GPO and SYSVOL Failure RRS feed

• Question

• Good Afternoon,

Can someone advise me as to how to resilve this issue? 

On one of my DC’s the event log is full of Event ID: 1030 and 1058’s. I have seen several posts regarding a resolution to this issue, by using dcgpofix since my other DC is OK, I only what to reset / rebuild the GPO on it and NOT the other DC. But when I run this command "dcgpofic /target:dc" I get this warning:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator> DcGPOFix /Target:DC

Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System Default Group Policy Restore Utility v5.1
    Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. 1981-2003
    Description: Recreates the Default Group Policy Objects (GPOs) for a domain
    Syntax: DcGPOFix [/ignoreschema] [/Target: Domain | DC | BOTH]

This utility can restore either or both the Default Domain Policy or the Default Domain Controllers Policy to the state that exists immediately after a clean install. You must be a domain administrator to perform this operation.

WARNING: YOU WILL LOSE ANY CHANGES YOU HAVE MADE TO THESE GPOs. THIS UTILITY IS INTENDED ONLY FOR DISASTER RECOVERY PURPOSES.

You are about to restore Default Domain controller policy for the following domain revelink.net
    Do you want to continue: <Y>? n

I only want to “FIX” the GPO on the DC in question. Not the entire domain. Can someone advise me as to how to proceed?

I am also getting this error when I run "ntfrsutl" on the problem DC.

C:\Program Files\Support Tools>ntfrsutl.exe sets mint
    ACTIVE REPLICA SETS
    DOMAIN SYSTEM VOLUME (SYSVOL SHARE) in state JRNL_WRAP_ERROR

DELETED REPLICA SETS

Is there another tools I shouldbe using?  Advice??

Regards,
    Paul

Monday, January 26, 2009 8:48 PM

All replies

• Good Afternoon,

I have done A NON-AUTHORITIVE restore by stopping the NTFRS on the problemic DC setting the BURFLAGS to D2, in the registry, and then starting NTFRS.   This seems to have resolved the "SYSVOL folder is in Journal Wrap state".  As I can "see" a dump of the SYSVOL contents when I do a "ntfrsutl.exe sets <server>".  But, I still am getting events ID of 1030 and 1058 every five minutes.  Can someone advise me as to what elese needs to be changed?

Regards,

Paul

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 5:35 PM
  • This forum is for questions about Speech Server only - note its path: Microsoft > Forums Home > Speech Server.

Try this forum to find a more appopriate forum: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/whatforum/threads/.
    These postings are provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confer no rights.
    Thursday, February 19, 2009 12:25 PM