none
search my threads only? RRS feed

• Question

• Is there some way to search in "My Threads" only?

Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    Wednesday, December 2, 2009 3:45 AM

Answers

• It involves passing specific parameters to the search app (i.e.: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Search/en-US/) then from our search passing other params/refinements to bing. My Threads contains threads from any Forum that you've participated from any brand. Meaning, there's no target params/refinement ID's to query all of these forums across brands.

However, This is a good suggestion. I encourage you to submit the same thread in the suggestions and feedback forum for us to review.

Thanks.
    Forums Test Lead
    Thursday, December 3, 2009 4:41 PM

All replies

• Unfortunately no. Currently by design. We use Bing to service our search and currently scoped only to "All <brand> Forums". Brand being Msdn, Technet, Expression, Microsoft and Answers.

Thanks.
    Forums Test Lead
    Wednesday, December 2, 2009 8:24 PM
  • This is not good. Why on earth "by design"?

Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    Thursday, December 3, 2009 2:58 AM
  • It involves passing specific parameters to the search app (i.e.: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Search/en-US/) then from our search passing other params/refinements to bing. My Threads contains threads from any Forum that you've participated from any brand. Meaning, there's no target params/refinement ID's to query all of these forums across brands.

However, This is a good suggestion. I encourage you to submit the same thread in the suggestions and feedback forum for us to review.

Thanks.
    Forums Test Lead
    Thursday, December 3, 2009 4:41 PM
  • Ok, thanks for spelling that out.

Thursday, December 3, 2009 4:48 PM