Exam 70-640 Prerequisites? RRS feed

• Question

• Good Morning,

I am interestedin pursuing the MCITP-Server Administrator and I would start with the 70-640 exam.  My main concern is, should I have a certain credential or level of knowledge going into this exam?  Currently I have an Associates degree in computer systems (graduated in 2004 so I forget most of what I learned), I am A+ certified and I have a tier 1 entry level IT job.  I don't have much experience with servers but I have done basic tasks in Active Directory.  I just want to know if you need to really know a lot going in or if you can start from scratch and pick everything up along the way based on where I'm already at.  I would appreciate any help you have to offer!

Thanks
    Friday, November 27, 2009 2:00 PM

Answers

• There aren't any prerequisites.  However, having a working knowledge of networking will definitely help.  For study materials, take a look at either the MS Press or Sybex books, along with training videos from providers such as CBT Nuggets, TestOut or Trainsignal.  I'd suggest avoiding sites, such as the one referenced above (forum.4shared.com) as these sites tend to promote the illegal sharing of resources (and can contain potentially hazardous files that could infect your computer).
    • Proposed as answer by NoDeal Tuesday, December 1, 2009 6:42 AM
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Wednesday, January 6, 2010 8:03 PM
    Monday, November 30, 2009 8:10 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• There aren't any prerequisites.  However, having a working knowledge of networking will definitely help.  For study materials, take a look at either the MS Press or Sybex books, along with training videos from providers such as CBT Nuggets, TestOut or Trainsignal.  I'd suggest avoiding sites, such as the one referenced above (forum.4shared.com) as these sites tend to promote the illegal sharing of resources (and can contain potentially hazardous files that could infect your computer).
    • Proposed as answer by NoDeal Tuesday, December 1, 2009 6:42 AM
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Wednesday, January 6, 2010 8:03 PM
    Monday, November 30, 2009 8:10 PM
    Answerer
  • Hello All,

I have been trained MCSE and a window operation system admistrator in viet nam but never take part in and get any microsoft certificate.

i have immigrated to USA for 2 years, and now i am interested in MCITP-Server Administrator, i have a little bit confuse about how to get the microsoft certificate.

So far, i would like training MCITP by myself and my question is :

Do i legal to take part in the exam microsoft certificate after training by myself ?

where is the nearest test center for IT certificate ?

How to register to exam?(test procedure) (because i have just immigrated to USA and i really do not know how to do it).

i am living at CA, zipcode: 91325, is there any test center near me ?

If anybody know, please help me.

Thanks you very much for your help.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009 6:44 AM
  • I am agree with Charles .you can directly apply 70-640 exams .And we should refuse the braindumpe sites .
    It is the key to  get a good MS press books and do enough practice when you prepare .

9 questions about 70-640 preparation
    IT ceritificaton IT training http://www.my-dig.com
    Server 2008 OS blog http://www.microsoftbible.com

Tuesday, December 1, 2009 9:09 AM