msiInstaller errors during outbound calls RRS feed

• Question

• I have an outbound application that places one call fine.  Every call after that fails.  When a call fails, msiInstaller inserts the following three errors into the Event Viewer's application log:

1) Detection of product '{790FAF32-3086-4AD8-95CF-CBBF55B546A5}', feature 'SERVER', component '{8D4E5E32-936F-400A-B635-776C9E9D5F38}' failed. The resource '' does not exist.

2) Detection of product '{790FAF32-3086-4AD8-95CF-CBBF55B546A5}', feature 'SERVER' failed during request for component '{DB218032-3949-478A-91D4-F08140F0D861}'

3) Failed to connect to server. Error: 0x80070005

DCOM inserts this error into the Event Viewer's system log:

The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{000C101C-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}

to the user NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE SID (S-1-5-20). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

I'm not trying to install anything.  Why am I getting msiInstaller related errors?

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 4:17 PM

Answers

• A SIP Redirect isn't any error; that just means that the recipient is redirecting your request elsewhere.  To what SipUri are you sending your outbound call?  If you are sending it to localhost:5060, you are returning to Speech Server, and a redirect is expected.  What happens after the redirect?  From your previous post, and the msiInstaller errors, it looks rather like you might have a bad installation, so you could try re-installing.  When installing Speech Server, did you install all features?

To diagnose your problem we need more detailed information about your problem and environment, e.g. OS, what type of application (Salt, Vxml, Workflow), how you are triggering the outbound application (MSMQ, http request), Speech Server .etl logs.  To give you the best individual help, I'd recommend that you contact our technical support department via the http://support.microsoft.com/gp/assistsupport web page or, if you are in the US, you can call (800)936-5800 and ask for support on Speech Server.

Thursday, October 25, 2007 11:17 AM

All replies

• I changed the Application Pool defined for my outbound application in IIS from Speech Server to DefaultApplPool.  Now, I'm no longer getting the msiInstaller errors.  Now, I'm just getting an error from ASP.NET 1.1.4322.0 that says, "It is not possible to run two different versions on ASP.NET in the same IIS process.  Please use the IIS Administration Tool to reconfigure your server to run the application in a separate process."

If I then go into IIS, and change the ASP.NET version for my outbound application from 2.0.50727 to 1.1.4322, and back again, I can place one more outbound call.  Any additional outbound call requests after that will reproduce the error and will not be placed.

I need to know how to permanently fix this problem without having to constantly change the ASP.NET version defined in IIS.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 6:55 PM
  • I enabled some more logging and see now that my second outbound call is resulting in a 302 SIP Redirect error.  I can't figure out why the redirect is occurring.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 10:16 PM
  • A SIP Redirect isn't any error; that just means that the recipient is redirecting your request elsewhere.  To what SipUri are you sending your outbound call?  If you are sending it to localhost:5060, you are returning to Speech Server, and a redirect is expected.  What happens after the redirect?  From your previous post, and the msiInstaller errors, it looks rather like you might have a bad installation, so you could try re-installing.  When installing Speech Server, did you install all features?

To diagnose your problem we need more detailed information about your problem and environment, e.g. OS, what type of application (Salt, Vxml, Workflow), how you are triggering the outbound application (MSMQ, http request), Speech Server .etl logs.  To give you the best individual help, I'd recommend that you contact our technical support department via the http://support.microsoft.com/gp/assistsupport web page or, if you are in the US, you can call (800)936-5800 and ask for support on Speech Server.

Thursday, October 25, 2007 11:17 AM
  • Anthony,

Your recommendation of re-installing Speech Server fixed my problem.  I can now place multiple outbound calls without any problems.

Thank you!!!

Randy

Thursday, October 25, 2007 1:46 PM