Error Code RRS feed

• Question

• Infomation regarding condition of Microsoft Money operating system version and computer hardware in use; your Digital Product ID and IP addresss of computer

My hard drive crashed, have backup on an external hard drive and have tried to open Sunset, but it keeps closing after about 5 min. or less

Thursday, January 9, 2014 5:02 PM

Answers

• IT WORKS!  IT WORKS!!  IT WORKS!!!  At least so far  haha

THANK YOU SO MUCH, I was really stressing over this

• Marked as answer by Sandy1154 Saturday, January 11, 2014 4:13 AM
    Friday, January 10, 2014 10:58 PM

All replies

• Sorry to hear that. Copy your *.mny and *.mbf to other media, in case something happens to that external hard drive.

See if Sunset can open (and stay open)  Sample.mny from your Money install folder. That iwill distinguish if the problem is associated with the Money file or something else. The results of that test will determine what you do next.

Friday, January 10, 2014 6:41 PM
  • I have deleted MSMoney, then installed the Sunset Version, however, when I open MSMoney it goes to the original version of Money and asks for a password, etc, then shuts down...I'm confused...
    Friday, January 10, 2014 7:59 PM
  • I have deleted MSMoney, then installed the Sunset Version, however, when I open MSMoney it goes to the original version of Money and asks for a password, etc, then shuts down...I'm confused...
    Rather than delete, you should have done an uninstall. Try uninstall and reinstall.
    Friday, January 10, 2014 8:06 PM
  • I'm sorry, I worded that wrong, I did uninstall it then reinstall after restarting the computer.  It opens with my personalized sign in name and opens with a password that I had set up on the original MSMoney.  It still won't stay on. 

I'm not real computer "savey", but I REALLY need Money to work so I can finish the year and get books ready for accountant.

HELP!!

Friday, January 10, 2014 9:24 PM
  • Reboot your computer. Try again.

If still a problem, copy Sample.mny from your install folder
    (typically C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money Plus\ ) to your
    Documents folder.  Open Money by right-clicking that copy of
    sample.mny and choose Open.  Did the file open?

If no, reinstall Money.  If yes, close Money.  Right-click your
    newest *.mbf file (not from Sample) and choose Open.  Restore your
    file.

If that does not succeed, right-click your second-newest *.mbf file
    and choose Open.  Restore your file.

Let us know what happens.

Friday, January 10, 2014 9:39 PM
  • IT WORKS!  IT WORKS!!  IT WORKS!!!  At least so far  haha

THANK YOU SO MUCH, I was really stressing over this

• Marked as answer by Sandy1154 Saturday, January 11, 2014 4:13 AM
    Friday, January 10, 2014 10:58 PM