Offive Live verification issues RRS feed

• Question

•  

You first answered a queation on this back in early December last year, nearly 4 months ago. It is clearly not satisfactory that a webmaster using Office Live, which is in many resoects excellent, cannot verify his or her site with either Google or MSN.

For a Windows Office Live site to be unverifiable on MSN is ridiculous. What is being done to rectify this issue??

Monday, March 31, 2008 1:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This is something you will have to take up with office live as we have no insight into their plans.

Thursday, May 29, 2008 5:34 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This is something you will have to take up with office live as we have no insight into their plans.

Thursday, May 29, 2008 5:34 PM
  •   add this code to the end of your Search Engine Optimization screen / Keyword metatags box
    %22%20/%3E%20%3Cmeta name=%22msvalidate.01%22 content=%22  
    then enter your Authentication code
    • Proposed as answer by Matthew1Clarke Wednesday, March 25, 2009 8:33 AM
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 8:32 AM
  • I put that code in the metatags box, then the authentication code, and it still doesnt work
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 3:11 PM
  • I was given this information from someong on the OSBL community site and found it a good help.

Within days of doing this my site is getting found by google anltough I think I need to improve the tags & key works but atleast the site is shouing up on page 2, 3 or 4 of the search results.

Read the info here http://3cloverproject.com/OfficeLiveTutorial.aspx#SEO

good luck (and watch for the '+' problem, the fix '%2B' worked & I got the verified code from google.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 5:57 PM
  • Thanks for the Link Norman.  THIS WORKED for me. 

Thursday, April 16, 2009 1:48 PM